Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

To be honest, I don't think we will see a Spybot update before Firefox releases its update(4.0).

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    To be honest, I don't think we will see a Spybot update before Firefox releases its update(4.0).
    Are you talking about a beta release?
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Both, I guess.

Let's just hope it will be out before Duke Nukem Forever (although I would like to see that one finally out too )

Considering that a long time has passed (pretty much a year or more), since the I first new Spybot 2.0 was going to be released, I sincerely hope that it will be better than SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes, to be honest.
    Otherwise, all this time, and then to be what already is, in terms of detection, well... I think Spybot will lose more of it's users.

Time will tell, for sure.

Man that came fast, seems like Duke is going to be released http://www.betanews.com/article/90s-game-hero-Duke-Nukem-returns-after-delay-of-more-than-a-decade/1283546794 after all. Now lets see what will get out first, any bets?

Quote Originally Posted by m00nbl00d View Post
    Considering that a long time has passed (pretty much a year or more), since the I first new Spybot 2.0 was going to be released, I sincerely hope that it will be better than SUPERAntispyware and Malwarebytes, to be honest.
    Otherwise, all this time, and then to be what already is, in terms of detection, well... I think Spybot will lose more of it's users.

Time will tell, for sure.

The time it has taken for this new version to come out is ridiculous. It was just a couple years ago when almost everyone I know had S&D installed, now not one person I know has it. S&D has been passed by SAS, MBAM among others and the exorbitant amount of time this new version has taken has only added to the problem. Whether you or I like it or not, it doesn't take long in this day and age for software to become obsolete. I hope the new version is great but if the development process continues too much longer....it may not matter.

I installed the latest version of Spybot 2.0.2 (alpha) and did a scan:

55 minutes for 20 GB?

Quote Originally Posted by Watasha
    The time it has taken for this new version to come out is ridiculous. It was just a couple years ago when almost everyone I know had S&D installed, now not one person I know has it. S&D has been passed by SAS, MBAM among others and the exorbitant amount of time this new version has taken has only added to the problem. Whether you or I like it or not, it doesn't take long in this day and age for software to become obsolete. I hope the new version is great but if the development process continues too much longer....it may not matter.:(
    Not only that. MBAM, SAS, and others, they update their definitions in a daily basis. Spybot doesn't. Giving the reality of nowadays, updating definitions once a week, is just damn ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by control
    I installed the latest version of Spybot 2.0.2 (alpha)
    This is exactly what I mean. Still in a damn alpha stage, after all this time, that for what I remember, there goes more than a year. I haven't payed attention to the alpha build phase, but which alpha is it? First? Second?

Without serious envolvement in the development to bring it to a beta stage, so that knowledgeable users can test it, etc., to bring it as final version, I don't see a brilliant future ahead of Spybot.

If Spybot team no longer can keep up, then simply donate Spybot's code to the open source community. I'm pretty sure things will evolve a lot.
    It will be sad to see a once loved antimalware application to die and fade into oblivion.

Will there be a 64 bit version?