Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K View Post
    It was posted before April. Don't ruin something what's worth for working for 2 years.
    It could still be an April Fool because Australia is many hours ahead remember.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    Good news indeed, Sandra.

Would it most likely require removing the immunizations of SpyBot S&D 1.6.2, uninstalling the program, and then installing the new beta? I'd been thinking of cleaning out all the left-over advcheck files in the Updates subdirectories anyway.
    I believe that Safer-Networking releases the same set of immunizations to all versions; also it does actually remove immunization patterns sometimes, like it once blocked 300 domains from setting cookies while now it's about 200.

If you want to remove the immunizations anyway, here's what you can do...

Remove all lines from the HOSTS file except for the one or two lines with "localhost" in them (in Windows 7 you can just leave the HOSTS file blank).

In Internet Options (from Control Panel or from within IE), under the Privacy tab, click the Sites button and then Remove all.

Download ZonedOut and clear out Restricted Sites from both your account and Local Computer; if you used some Registry setting to have Spybot immunize the built-in IE profiles in other accounts (like NetworkService), you'll need to use the built-in Immunization tool to undo that, and it might not catch the patterns that it used to immunize but no longer does.

If you use Firefox or another Gecko-based browser, delete cookperm.txt, hostperm.1, or permissions.sqlite if present in your profile directory.

If you use Opera, delete all lines in urlfilter.ini (probably in your profile directory) after the [exclude] line, delete cookies4.dat (this will also delete all of your cookies), and revert to the default plugin-ignore.ini file.

These methods are more thorough than Spybot's "Undo Immunization" function: They let you remove immunization patterns that Safer-Networking has deprecated but that remain in your system from previous immunizations.

only four days to go

Okay, this is supposed to go tommorow...

Tomorrow is the day! But keep in mind they planning to release it tomorrow, they don't say they will. It might be some issues left, and we have to wait before they release it.

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    Tomorrow is the day! But keep in mind they planning to release it tomorrow, they don't say they will. It might be some issues left, and we have to wait before they release it.
    well its today

Quote Originally Posted by djpailo View Post
    well its today
    yea, but what time zone are you in? or better yet, what part of the world are you living in, djpailo?

it's still "yesterday" (May 10) in the Pacific Time Zone as I'm making this post (11:24pm PDT 5/10/2011).
    edited at 11:36pm May 10 PDT.

Update: perhaps May 11 between 3pm & 6pm according to this Facebook entry. it didn't mention the time zone on there.

I'll wait until the afternoon of May 11 in the time zone I'm living in (PDT); we'll see by then;for some living in the eastern hemisphere, that would already be late evening of May 11 or morning/noon of May 12 in the latter time zones.
    Last edited by noel-pr7; 2011-05-11 at 09:36.

Any updates?

Version 2.0 hasn't been released yet. I guess we have to wait at least 2 weeks.

Retired