Thread: Usage tracks not wiped, maybe other probs???

Default Usage tracks not wiped, maybe other probs???

Hi, it's been a while since I posted here. Just upgraded to v1.6.2 a couple of days ago from v1.6 and noticed that the usage tracks are not being removed. Don't know why this is happening since I have this checked in settings. It always worked fine under all previous versions. It doesn't seem to be removing any cookies either. I've also noticed that I'm no longer getting any new Fixes files in the Logs directory since I upgraded.

I normally run Spybot as a scheduled job in the early morning hours using the /autocheck /autofix /autoclose switches. I've kept all my settings the same as under v1.6.

I use Win2KPro, all latest updates and SPs (I'm very meticulous about this). Funny thing is I just got a laptop recently with XP and loaded v1.6.2 onto it a few days before my 2k machine. It has been working fine with exactly the same settings.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Wouldn't it be redundant to run Spybot-Search&Destroy every day just to remove usage tracks?

Does Spybot remove the tracks when you run it in a normal scan (Spybot>Search for Problems)?

Default Redundant?!?

I don't run Spybot every day just to eliminate usage tracks. That is just ONE of the things I want it to do. I spend a lot of time on the Internet each day, and I run Spybot every night for the same reason I run an antivirus scan each night, to keep my machine free of malware, spyware and viruses. The clearing of usage tracks is more of a privacy issue.

Also, usage tracks, fixes, and other things don't get handled in a manual run under v1.6.2, either.

What concerns me more is that I no longer am getting a Fixes.date-time.txt file in the Spybot log directory since upgrading to v1.6.2. This means to me that it's not fixing anything, or there is some other problem or setting issue or whatever. Also, why is it working OK (fixes log OK, usage tracks cleaned, etc.) on my XP laptop but not on my Win2K desktop with the same settings?

Default Uninstall should be first part of Spybot upgrade!!!

After getting no further response yesterday, I uninstalled v1.6.2 from my Win2KPro machine. After some housekeeping functions, I reinstalled it fresh. I then carefully went in and made sure all my settings from before were recreated.

It did the trick. The schedule run went at it's normal time without problems and everything found was fixed, including usage tracks.

When I upgraded to v1.6.2 originally, I just installed it over the old v1.6 installation. This must have been the problem. Make sure you uninstall any and all old Spybot S&D versions you have before installing a new version.