Thread: Win32.TDSS.rtk Help! (Resolved)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy Win32.TDSS.rtk Help! (Resolved)

Please help!
    My home computer has been attacked by Win32.TDSS.rtk and I do not have the know-how to get rid of it. I have run Spybot S&D several times and it picks up 5 or 6 TrojansC entries that always come back when I try to fix the selected problems. I have only average computer knowledge and need a professional to help me through this. I have read many of the other posts regarding this same issue, each saying do not try this at home, this issue requires individual attention, so here I am, asking for individual attention. Spybot shows the following set up in a drop down fashion after I scan:

Win32.TDSS.rtk
    (SBI $1473B578) File
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\geyekrsscupuve.sys
    (SBI $5CC20873) File
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\geyekrpwlgmaeo.dll
    (SBI $5CC200873) File
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\geyekrwqdgxgnm.dll
    (SBI $E9F5D25E) File
    C:\WINDOWS\temp\geyekrwdqppxgban.tmp
    (SBI $0419F0A4) File
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\geyekrwittgyus.dat
    (SBI $0419F0A4) File
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\geyekrxunbjivh.dat
    I don't know much about what kind of logs you might need or how to aquire them, so I appreciate your patience in helping me out. One question I have about the eradication process is should I attempt to back up my documents, photos, and music before downloading any programs to kill this virus or would that just endanger my computer again, after its fixed? Will the process even affect these types of files, does it involve a complete wipe? Thanks for your answers and help in advance, I wish I was as techno-savvy as all you, but since I'm clearly not, Thanks Again!
    Kylie

"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-08-07 at 00:37. Reason: moved from Spybot-S&D support to malware removal, added link to FAQ so you are aware of who will be helping ;-)