Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: virus/malware

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hello!

Is the monitor and the keyboard still not getting powered when turning the PC on?

Have you tried another Monitor and keyboard on it?
    MRU Master of Malware Removal University

Member of UNITE and ASAP

yeah, no luck :(

Emeritus- Malware Team

I think the best and fastest solution for you is to post on a PC troubleshooting forum.

They specialize in handling problems like this so you are certain to get expert assistance and a speedy resolution is very likely.

Member of UNITE and ASAP

I turned off the computer, left it for a while, unplugged everything and re plugged it all back together and a few days later tried it again, and the keyboard and monitor worked so I guess a cord was loose somewhere.

I booted from the vista cd and it did the normal startup repair which found 1 root cause. It restarted after that, but still came up with the bad image error and didn't boot to the desktop.

I booted from the cd again to try a system restore, but it said i had no restore points.

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hello!

Well some good news. I would still use the forums i gave in my last post as they are more experienced dealing with these kind of problems.

Member of UNITE and ASAP

Emeritus- Malware Team

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note: If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

Member of UNITE and ASAP