Thread: Corrupt Setup Files

Unhappy Corrupt Setup Files

I have used spybot on my old system for sometime but when i encountered a major hdw problem it was time to bit the bullet and spring for a new computer. i had some one transfer my old system to my new system. i did not see spybot anywhere so i downloaded it last night. the download seems to have been successful but when i try to access spybot i get an error message that says "THE SETUP FILES ARE CORRUPT OBTAIN A NEW COPY OF THIS PROGRAM." Can some one tell this novice what to do.

Thanks,

:( Grandpa
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-06-11 at 17:22. Reason: removed email address as uname

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Try downloding the spybotsd14.exe installation program again from one of the four (4) download sites for Spybot-S&D 1.4 listed here:
    ps: I PMed the site administrator concerning changing your username. Using an email address in an a post let alone as a username could lead to getting unwanted spam.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up Problem Solved

Thank you. downloading again solved the problem. Also thanks for the advice about my user name. i will change it right away.

Grandpa

You’re welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by cduecker
    i will change it right away.
    The site administrator already changed your username. See the edit footnote on your first post:

Last edited by tashi : Today at 11:22. Reason: removed email address as uname

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default S&D 1.5 won't install - corrupt files

Read the post regarding a different download of S&D 1.4 to solve this problem, but I can't find it through the posted link. Any help on getting the program to load & run?
    I have downloaded the exe to my desktop (XP Home) 3 times but to no avail.

Hello,

I am sorry, 1.4 is an old version.
    I don't know why md usa spybot fan posted to an old version.

This is the direct installation file.
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Version 1.5 download is corrupt

I tried the 1.5 download from 4 mirrors and they all take about an hour to download on my Verizon DSL in SoCal, USA. Once it is done, I try to run the EXE and I get the same Files are corrupt message.
    Next Step?

Default Corrupt Files

Can I download to a CD-RW on another computer and then try to run it on my home computer to see if it gets the same message?

If so, what could be wrong with my home computer - MacAfee or anything else? I un-installed MacAfee and installed Norton 2008.

gooddad:

The best way to check if a file downloaded correctly is to compare the MD5 hash value of the downloaded file with the published MD5 hash value. Is the MD5 hash value of the downloaded spybotsd15.exe file?
    • 9286D3952F8CB08AD1BB4F3122E144CC

To check you can use one of these programs (note: The download for MD5 Checker 2.31 is only 23892 bytes, so if you are having problems downloading that may be the best option):

Also note that there is a another MD5 Checker recommended by PepiMK in post #3 of the following thread:

Quote Originally Posted by gooddad View Post
    Can I download to a CD-RW on another computer and then try to run it on my home computer to see if it gets the same message?
    Yes you can, but the download should have a MD5 hash value of:
    • 9286D3952F8CB08AD1BB4F3122E144CC
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-01-16 at 19:28.