Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malware Problem win32.TDSS.rtk Skynet

Hi Ken,
    Sort of looks familiar but I am not sure. As I recall when I came to a page that looked like that and I hit the scanner button it brought me to a Russian language version..... so perhaps this is one I have not tried.

At any rate I just tried it now (twice) and when the download starts to run I get....

Launch of the Java application is interrupted! Please establish an uninterrupted Internet connection for work with this program.

Emeritus-Security Expert
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Good morning Ken,

Yes, I tried that link the other day...... and again this morning (2x).

For some reason I still get messages about Java that stop it from completing the download.

Nothing else is having problems with Java so I am not sure what is going on.
    Im hoping it is not related so some infection hosing me.

thanks

Emeritus-Security Expert

Lets update your Java

Go to your Control Panel and click on the Java Icon ( looks like a little coffee cup ) click on About and you should have Version 6 Update 15, if not proceed with the instructions.

Download the latest version Here save it, do not install it yet.

Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 15 <--The wording is confusing but this is what you need

• Go to your Add Remove Programs in the Control Panel and uninstall any previous versions of Java
    • Reboot your computer
    • Install the latest version

You can verify the installation Here

Then try ESET again,

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Smile

Hi Ken,
    I already have Java 16 update 15 installed. I just verified it (Build 1.6.0_15-b03).

I brought up eset and once again got a blank light blue window and no prompting to run Active X .....but this time I saw a real small white box with a red x on the page (Something I am running somewhere must of been blocking it.... I see those little red x's in a white box lots of times especially in my e-mails...... and usually I get prompted as to whether or not I want to accept it or not) I clicked the little box it and the eset license panel came up after a little bit.

After accepting, the download and scan commenced and finished in about 1.5 hrs.

No problems found fortunately....... here is the log ----

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:
    OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK
    # version=6
    # IEXPLORE.EXE=8.00.6001.18702 (longhorn_ie8_rtm(wmbla).090308-0339)
    # OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6048
    # api_version=3.0.2
    # EOSSerial=13ab03d99667b34bbb5f9d51ae7e37cb
    # end=finished
    # remove_checked=true
    # archives_checked=false
    # unwanted_checked=true
    # unsafe_checked=false
    # antistealth_checked=true
    # utc_time=2009-08-21 06:18:56
    # local_time=2009-08-21 02:18:56 (-0500, Eastern Daylight Time)
    # country="United States"
    # lang=9
    # osver=5.1.2600 NT Service Pack 3
    # compatibility_mode=1026 21 83 97 4496657343750
    # compatibility_mode=5889 61 66 100 882823808906250
    # scanned=103910
    # found=0
    # cleaned=0
    # scan_time=5782

Thanks

Emeritus-Security Expert

Great, looks like your good to go

How are things running now ?

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Hi Ken,

Im hoping Im back to normal. My IE browser no longer gets hijacked and my System Restore is working again. Those were the problems that first surfaced when I was hit by the Skynet malware. So Im good along those lines.

My hard drive seems to be chattering quite a bit and my Mozilla browser seems to be taking a long time to come up.... also it is missing a few icons I put on the Navigation Tool bar (such as the icons for Bookmarks, New Tab, and New Window) before I started having problems. Those are just minor issues hopefully with just Mozilla and not malware related.

Im also assuming some of the chatter on the drive is some of the programs running in the background that were added to resolve this malware issue. I did notice that one of those programs is in my Startup folder -- ERUNT Auto Backup.

Is there anything that I installed that I should now uninstall?

I still dont know what I did to trigger this problem but hopefully I wont do it again anytime soon.

I really appreciate all your help on this.

Thanks.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Hi,

Firefox, not you, I have noticed that it takes a time to load the first time you start your system .

I am going to link you to some windows support sites to check your hard drive as we just do malware removal on this forum.

Windows Tech Support Forums

It's Not Always Malware

Speedup Windows

Windows Tips

ATF Cleaner <-- Yours to keep, run it now and then to clean out the clutter.

Combofix <---Is not a general cleaning tool, just run it with supervision or you can bork your system

• Click START then RUN
    • Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the X and the U, it needs to be there.

• When shown the disclaimer, Select "2"

The above procedure will:
    • Delete the following:
      • ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
      • VundoFix backups, if present
      • The C:\Deckard folder, if present
      • The C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
    • Reset the clock settings.
    • Hide file extensions, if required.
    • Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
    • Reset System Restore.

Keep in mind if you install some of these programs. Only ONE Anti Virus and only ONE Firewall is recommended, more is overkill and can cause you problems. You can install all the Spyware programs I have listed without any problems. If you install Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard, they will conflict with the TeaTimer in Spybot , you can still install Spybot Search and Destroy but do not enable the TeaTimer .

Here are some free programs to install, all free and highly regarded by the fine people in the Malware Removal Community
    • Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6
      Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis. If you install Spyware Blaster ( Recommended ) then do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy.
    • Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed. No scan to run, just update about once a week and enable all protection.
    • Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts, again, no scan to run, just install it and let it do its thing.
    • IE-Spyad
      IE-Spyad places over 6000 web sites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
    • Firefox 3 It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.

Safe Surfn
    Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Emeritus-Security Expert

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue