Thread: SD Resident offline

Exclamation SD Resident offline

I recently upgraded Windows Vista to SP2 and found that the SD Resident (in the system tray) was not there. I don't know how to put it into the startup via msiconfig.

Also SDTeaTimer was not functioning although it was enabled from the day of installation. It didn't show me pop-ups as it usually should do.

Once I opened a application in the extension of a screen saver that was found within the SpybotS&D folder and a new button appeared in the tools menu of the interface. Is this also due to Vista ? Is it a normal button to be found in the latest version ?

Any help is appreciated

Tharaka

Hello,

Do you have installed Spybot on an admin account and now use a different account?
    Please make sure that it is activated.
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Check the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.
    Which new button do you mean that appeared?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

It didn't show me pop-ups as it usually should do.
    With TeaTimer not prompting you as much does not mean it's a bad thing or it's not working at all. The latest build (stable) of TT utilizes the use of whitelists. Meaning it'll confirm a legitimate change without prompting the user. If you think of it, it is more convenient for some users. For other users who wish for TT to prompt them on every change, feel free to change to the 'Paranoid Mode'. You can access that via the Windows taskbar.

Question

Well I'm the Administrator and the TeaTimer is ticked ON. It has not recorded many activities either. + TeaTimer is not even in the processes and services list of the taskmanger !?

me too. This issue has not happened me in previous versions of spybot.

Regards

Hello,

Maybe this is due to an infection.

Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.
    Please also download RootAlyzer.

Here is also the direct download link.

Please set your computer to show all files.

* Double-click My Computer.

* Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.

* Click the View tab.

* Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."

* Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."

* Clear "Hide protected operating system files."

* Click Apply, and then click OK.

Please select the tab 'deep scan' and let it fully scan your Pc. The scan will take a moment, please be patient. After the scan is done please click on 'pack suspicious files' which is located right at the bottom. This will create a .cab file on your desktop which contains the log and the suspicious files the scan has found. Please attach this .cab file to your next mail.

Please also download gmer: www.gmer.net and let it do a full scan on your Pc. Subsequent you will be allowed to save the log created during the scan. Please also send us this log.

Thanks!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Question Reply

Thanks for the Help,

I'm confused of using GMER. At their tutorial pages : http://www2.gmer.net/catchme.htm does the displayed names that are to be deleted or will GMER automatically detect what to remove!?

Does it detect non-hidden rootkits !?

I don't know even the meaning of Rootkit

About the Log report thing :

I can't find the 'Deep Scan button'

This seems to take time and I'm having a limited connection, I'll try to send you the details WIFIP.

Also I forgot to mention that I'm using AVG and COMODO Firewalls

PS : Does the don't post PM mean that I'm posting any PM's or a signature used by SD-Helpers ?

A rootkit is a nasty infection, like a malware infection but it hides it's files at an operating system level, making it very difficult to detect.

You have the wrong link. You should be looking at the .exe installer:
    http://www.gmer.net/#files
    -
    Download the GMER application not catchme.exe.
    ---
    PM=Private Message.
    What spybotsandra is saying is asking members not to private message her for help.

Lightbulb Files sent

I've sent the files requested.

I also have attached two other logs from gmer programs.

The gmer program showed me about two or three processes that had the name ( can't remeber the exact because it's not there at the moment) I think 'Search protocol H' which was highlighted in RED. And also I had removed the 'Search...(something in the similar name in system 32 not indexing service) that connects to the internet. I treid to kill the process but it didn't happen. Now it don't appear in GMER.

I don't think that this can be a major Spy problem because as I have a limited connection my bills would soon rise if some one was spying me ( they charge for both downloads and uploads. But my computer seems to show some decreasing performance as I usually run about 4 scans at once including SBSn'D,Windows Defender , Avg... but now when I'm doing SB Scan the mouse gets sloppy.