Thread: Will Spybot solve my PC's problem?

Question Will Spybot solve my PC's problem?

Hi all,

I have never had a problem with my PC for years until now. on typing a search into google and then clicking on the desired result, i get sent to Ebay or youtube or any site other than the one I want even sometimes typing directly into the address bar at the top still redirects me to some other site. It now on opening internet explorer opens a sub bar with nothing other than OK on it. If i click on the OK the whole system freezes. If i click on the x to close it then Internet explorer will open up but with the same problem and the sub bar with the initial OK now becomes a pop up with again, more advertising. Anti Viurs and Adware cannot find anything wrong. I tried updating to Internet explorer 8 which made a slight difference for the first few searches and then went back to it's usual tricks. Will spybot be able to search and destroy this problem..... I am not one for loading stuff i do not understand and I have never even heard of this software until i searched for assistance......interestingly when you do a google help it comes up with nothing to do with solving the problem or suggestions but does talk about advertising with them and how to solve issues to assist your companies advertising.....hmm interesting ! ...anyway if spybot is safe to use and will not make matters worse i shall try it, unless of course i need something else to solve the problem....is there a techy out there who can advise me and direct me to the correct solution or failing that the nearest shop selling Vodka. thanks

Hello MrKev

Quote Originally Posted by MrKev View Post
    Will spybot be able to search and destroy this problem..... I am not one for loading stuff i do not understand and I have never even heard of this software until i searched for assistance......interestingly when you do a google help it comes up with nothing to do with solving the problem or suggestions but does talk about advertising with them and how to solve issues to assist your companies advertising.....hmm interesting !
    Spybot-S&D is free for personal use. If you are looking at ads while searching then you are probably looking at rogues that rip off our name.

This is our official home page: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/home/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by MrKev View Post
    ...anyway if spybot is safe to use and will not make matters worse i shall try it, unless of course i need something else to solve the problem....is there a techy out there who can advise me and direct me to the correct solution or failing that the nearest shop selling Vodka. thanks
    Please follow the instructions in this link to produce a HJT log: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where an analyst will advise you as soon as available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016