Thread: teatimer start up problems

Default teatimer start up problems

hi there ive been using spybot for a while now and i decided to migrate back to xp from vista the other week.i did a clean install of xp pro and at present i cannot get tea timer to start with windows i have to go into the resident settings and check the start with windows option but everytime i restart my system teatimer fail to start and there is no list of it in msconfig start up programes and when i go back to resident settings tea timer the box is unchecked to start with windows, in the resident there is the following message 08/08/2009 15:46:22 Allowed (based on user decision) value "SpybotSD TeaTimer" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup user entry. but i did not allow this course of action any help would would be appreciated xheers

Default the same problem here :)

hey. ive got the same problem herey. exactly the same. can someone help with this please?

You've disabled it, probably unintentionally. Or by accident.
    Your excerpt tells me that TeaTimer has prompted you: TeaTimer has been disabled and you've allowed that (based on user decision).

Just reenable it again: Spybot-Search&Destroy>Advanced Mode>Tools>Resident.
    -

Me too but when i activate the resident protection after restart or shutdown it dissapears (tray icon and process .it is deactivated).

Regards

the same here. even if I reenable it, its gone after restart... maybe there is malware/spyware/virus responsible?

Hello,

Maybe this is due to an infection.

Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.
    Please also download RootAlyzer.

Here is also the direct download link.

Please set your computer to show all files.

* Double-click My Computer.

* Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.

* Click the View tab.

* Clear "Hide file extensions for known file types."

* Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."

* Clear "Hide protected operating system files."

* Click Apply, and then click OK.

Please select the tab 'deep scan' and let it fully scan your Pc. The scan will take a moment, please be patient. After the scan is done please click on 'pack suspicious files' which is located right at the bottom. This will create a .cab file on your desktop which contains the log and the suspicious files the scan has found. Please attach this .cab file to your next mail.

Please also download gmer: www.gmer.net and let it do a full scan on your Pc. Subsequent you will be allowed to save the log created during the scan. Please also send us this log.

Thanks!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Ive sent you an email with 3 scans. Regards