Thread: ErrorSmart- False Positive?

Default ErrorSmart- False Positive?

Good Day,

My 1st post and I do so hope I'm posting to the correct section of the forum

Installed latest version of Spybot 2 days ago, since running/"fixing" keep getting an Errorsmart prob. Upon expansion exact message is as follows: Bookmark [Firefox:computername default----/?hop=tswens1&gid=1066977793& [http://errorsmart.com/?hop=tswens1&gid=1066977793&[URL="http://errorsmart.com/?hop=tswens1&gid=1066977793&%5D"]][/URL]. As said fixing does not rid, have gone through my Fox bookmarks (no bkmks I can find re:errorsmart).

Hijackthis came back clean. Also, running Bitdefender AV, Comodo FW, Prevx, SpywareDoctor, Malwarebyte, SuperAntiSpyware and Counterspy, nothing picked up by any of preceding.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you
    To All a Great Day

Default Fixed Errorsmart

Thank-you to all who did or will view this. I "solved" my errorsmart prob. There WAS a link in my Firefox imported IE faves hidden within a subfolder, once I deleted and ran Spybot I am now clean. My fault and I would apologise to anyone who was spending their valuable time researching or such my mistake

Best to all in our quest to keep nasties from our units!

Thank you for letting us know.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Ty

Thank-you for the welcome tashi!

Thought it was prudent for my 2nd post as sometimes we all either forget/neglect checking the basics thoroughly, kind of like "my sound doesn't work"...well do I have my power on, cables connected etc. We've all been there so hopefully at least one other person can read my thread and a diff prob can be more easily diagnosised.

Once more I thank the Safer Networking Community!

Best Regs