Thread: google redirect...error loading tapi.nfo

Default google redirect...error loading tapi.nfo

Hi...I have something really bad going on! My malware bytes will not scan...it gives an error saying "windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." My McAfee virus scan will not work either. When I try to run it, it says "error starting on demand scanner". When I try to search on google it redirects me somewhere other than where I want to go. I tried superanti-spyware and it ran 1 time and found "trojan dropper/sys-nv" and "trojan agent/ gen-small dropper"...I followed the instructions and tried to quarantine these items, but when I restarted my computer, it came back up with "RUNDLL error loading tapi.nfo"...then the superanti-spyware will not work anymore...my internet works fine other than the google redirect. Please help!!

Zep

Emeritus- Malware Team

Hello and Welcome to forums!

My name is Bio-Hazard and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:

• I will be working on your Malware issues this may or may not solve other issues you have with your machine.
    • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
    • I f you don't know or understand something please don't hesitate to ask.
    • Please DO NOT run any other tools or scans whilst I am helping you.
    • It is important that you reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
    • Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.
    • Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

No Reply Within 4 Days Will Result In Your Topic Being Closed!!

Download HijackThis

To get things going i need you to download HijackThis see the instructions below.

• Click HERE to download HijackThis Installer
    • Save HijackThis Installer to your desktop.
    • Doubleclick on the HijackThis Installer icon on your desktop.
    • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
    • Click on Install.
    • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
    • Once installed it will launch Hijackthis.
    • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
    • Click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
    • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.

DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
    DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

STEP 1

Download DDS

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from:

Link 1
    Link 2

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

• Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.
    • Shortly after two logs will appear:
      • DDS.txt
      • Attach.txt

• A window will open instructing you save & post the logs
    • Save the logs to a convenient place such as your desktop
    • Copy the contents of both logs & post in your next reply

STEP 2

Gmer

Please download Gmer by Gmer and save it to your desktop.

• Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent
    • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO

Click the image to enlarge it
    • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
      • Sections
      • IAT/EAT
      • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
      • Show All (don't miss this one)

• Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish
    • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file
    • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply

**Caution**
    Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Note: Do not run any programs while Gmer is running.

Next Reply

Please reply with:

• DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
    • Gmer log
    MRU Master of Malware Removal University

Member of UNITE and ASAP

Emeritus- Malware Team

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    MRU Master of Malware Removal University

Member of UNITE and ASAP