I have been using Spybot Search & Destroy for over two years and generally am happy with it but a few weeks ago a weird problem started to seriously affect my computer. The teatimer.exe seems to go out of hand now. I tried to disable it in the advanced mode but it was enabled right away again. I tried to completely uninstall Spybot (deleted two directories and applied the registry patch provided on the site) and the teatimer.exe is still mysteriously hanging in my registry startup. Because of teatimer.exe, two programs can't be added to the registry startup and I can't delete or edit any sub-key or value in either HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. There are obsolete entries under those two startup keys and I can't do anything about it. I tried different software and command lines to modify the registry but it seems that the startup portion is beyond my reach. The strange thing is that I can modify all other places in the registry.

I am wondering whether there is any way that I can get rid of teatimer from my system permanently. I don't want to reformat my system or use the recovery console yet because it takes up too much time. If anyone knows how I can uninstall teatimer.exe completely, that will be really great. Thank you very much.