Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HJT log (Resolved)

none of them work.

for malwarebytes, a command type box appears for a split second then goes.

for RSIT and combo, i get a message saying 'open file - security warning. option run or cancel. when i click run i get the command type box then nothing

i have had a quick look on the net about the 'antivirus' program and found this. should i try that?

Security Expert-Emeritus

should i try that?
    Please do.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 -2010
    If we have helped, please consider a donation
    THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR THIS USER ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Please do.
    not working. i have downloaded task manager fix, but there is no task in applications (other than for the internet explorer i have open). there are 26 processes running, 8 of which are svchost.exe.

i still cant open any programs, and i can only get internet explorer to work by opening a folder and typing a website into address bar

so far, ive had no popups or anything for the windows antivirus pro (always the same when you want it to appear!)

forgot to say, there is a svchast.exe in the list too, which is mentioned on the removal guide. i have ended that, but i still cant run any programs

Security Expert-Emeritus

We need some updated info, please try the following programs until one works and produces a log

Download OTListIt:

• Download OTListIt2 to your desktop.
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTListIt.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTListIt2.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
    • Post both logs individually please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
    • Disable any script blocking protection
    • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
    • When done, DDS.txt will open.
    • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
    • Save both reports to your desktop.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
    Attach.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTScanIt

1. Please download OTS.exe by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
    2. Double click on OTS.exe to run it.
    3. Put a checkmark in the Include 64Bit Scans box
    4. Under Additional Scans section, put a check mark next to Reg - Uninstall List. ( you will need to scroll down)
    5. Click on the Run Scan button at the top left hand corner.
    6. OTS will start running. Once done, Notepad will open. Please post the contents of this Notepad file in your next reply.

Please download the Win32kDiag.exe tool from the following location and save it to your desktop:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com...Win32kDiag.exe

Once downloaded, double-click on the program and let it finish. When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., you can press any key on your keyboard to close the program. On your desktop should now be a file called Win32kDiag.txt.

Double-click on this file and post the contents as a reply to this topic.

Cant do anything.

i can download them, but when i try to run any of them, a command type box appears for a split second and thats it. ive tried in safe mode, and its still the same.

so far, i have been unable to open any programs by double clicking the icon, but i can open a program by opening a dosument. i.e i cannot open excel, but if i open a .xls file, then excel opens. same with firefox - if i open a html already on pc, then it opens

Security Expert-Emeritus

Please try this ....

Create A Batch File
    Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the following text in the quote to Notepad.
    Save it as "All Files" and name it look.bat Please save it on your desktop.

@echo off
    if exist C:\look*.txt del /q C:\look*.txt
    if exist C:\results.txt del /q C:\results.txt
    regedit /e C:\look1.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
    regedit /e C:\look2.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run"
    regedit /e C:\look3.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run"
    regedit /e C:\look4.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\SharedTaskScheduler"
    regedit /e C:\look5.txt "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System"
    type C:\look*.txt >> C:\results.txt
    start notepad C:\results.txt
    del /q C:\look*.txt
    del /q %0
    exit
    Double click on look.bat
    Please be patient, as this will search the entire disc

Notepad will open, please copy/paste the results here.

done that, results below

notepad opened very quickly, less than 2 seconds? should it have taken longer? (just with you saying be patient)

results:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "UnlockerAssistant"="C:\\Program Files\\Unlocker\\UnlockerAssistant.exe -H"
    "NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
    "NvMediaCenter"="RUNDLL32.EXE C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"
    "WinampAgent"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Winamp\\winampa.exe\""
    "RTHDCPL"="RTHDCPL.EXE"
    "SkyTel"="SkyTel.EXE"
    "Alcmtr"="ALCMTR.EXE"
    "RoxWatchTray"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Roxio Shared\\9.0\\SharedCOM\\RoxWatchTray9.exe\""
    "GrooveMonitor"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft Office\\Office12\\GrooveMonitor.exe\""
    "BullGuard"="\"C:\\Program Files\\BullGuard Ltd\\BullGuard\\bullguard.exe\" -boot"
    "PAC7302_Monitor"="C:\\WINDOWS\\PixArt\\PAC7302\\Monitor.exe"
    "Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Reader 8.0\\Reader\\Reader_sl.exe\""
    "AVG8_TRAY"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\AVG\\AVG8\\avgtray.exe"
    "avast!"="C:\\PROGRA~1\\ALWILS~1\\Avast4\\ashDisp.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents]
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL]
    "Installed"="1"
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MAPI]
    "NoChange"="1"
    "Installed"="1"
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS]
    "Installed"="1"
    @=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
    "Skype"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Skype\\Phone\\Skype.exe\" /nosplash /minimized"
    "ctfmon.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\ctfmon.exe"
    "H/PC Connection Agent"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft ActiveSync\\wcescomm.exe\""
    "msnmsgr"="\"C:\\Program Files\\Windows Live\\Messenger\\msnmsgr.exe\" /background"
    "DU Meter"="C:\\Program Files\\DU Meter\\DUMeter.exe"
    "BullGuard"="\"C:\\Program Files\\BullGuard Ltd\\BullGuard\\bullguard.exe\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\SharedTaskScheduler]
    "{438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1}"="Browseui preloader"
    "{8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030}"="Component Categories cache daemon"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
    "DisableRegistryTools"=dword:00000000

Security Expert-Emeritus

That's fine,

Please try the following now.

Create A Batch File
    Please copy (Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the following text in the quote to Notepad.
    Save it as "All Files" and name it runmbam.bat Please save it on your desktop.

@Echo off
    if exist "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" copy "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\CleanMe.exe"
    "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\CleanMe.exe"
    Del /q %0
    Double click on runmbam.bat
    This will create a copy of MalwareBytes file and then (hopefully) run it

that has worked and allowed malwarebytes to run. scan done and problems fixed. after re-start, i can now open programs.

log from malware bytes

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
    Database version: 2707
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

29/08/2009 13:00:18
    mbam-log-2009-08-29 (13-00-18).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
    Objects scanned: 271926
    Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 23 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 9
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 3
    Folders Infected: 3
    Files Infected: 41

Memory Processes Infected:
    C:\WINDOWS\svchast.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\antippro2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\antippro2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\antippro2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{76dc0b63-1533-4ba9-8be8-d59eb676fa02} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{76dc0b63-1533-4ba9-8be8-d59eb676fa02} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{76dc0b63-1533-4ba9-8be8-d59eb676fa02} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win AntiVirus Pro (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\SOFTWARE\Windows antiVirus pro (Rogue.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ANTIPPRO2009_100 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: (C:\WINDOWS\system32\desot.exe "%1" %*) Good: ("%1" %*) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\wuauserv\ImagePath (Hijack.WindowsUpdates) -> Bad: (%fystemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) Good: (%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\BITS\ImagePath (Hijack.WindowsUpdates) -> Bad: (%fystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) Good: (%SystemRoot%\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
    C:\WINDOWS\svchast.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dddesot.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows Antivirus Pro\Windows Antivirus Pro.exe (Rogue.WindowsAntivirus) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows Antivirus Pro\tmp\dbsinit.exe (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\msvcm80.dll (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\msvcp80.dll (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\msvcr80.dll (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\wispex.html (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\i1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\i2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\i3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\j1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\j2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\j3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\jj1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\jj2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\jj3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\l1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\l2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\l3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\pix.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\t1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\t2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\up1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\up2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w11.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\w3.jpg (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\wt1.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\wt2.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\Program Files\Windows AntiVirus Pro\tmp\images\wt3.gif (Rogue.WindowsAntiVirusPro) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\bennuar.old (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\bincd32.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\desot.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\onhelp.htm (Rogue.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\sonhelp.htm (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysnet.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\ppp3.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
    C:\WINDOWS\ppp4.dat (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.