Thread: ADMIN rights? SSD won't let me remove threats/items

Default ADMIN rights? SSD won't let me remove threats/items

Hello everyone- I have used S & D with my PC for years (Windows XP). I now have a laptop also that has Windows Vista. SSD (spybot search & destroy) downloaded just fine. My issue is I have downloaded a spyware or adware when I was downloading a UFC fight video through a website. It was through Gaming Harbor website. Now I get IE pop ups everytime I am on the net. So I downloaded SSD to remove these threats. I scan using SSD and I try to remove them (Double D threat), but I get another window stating these actions require Admin rights. I am the only user of this laptop and I have checked the settings for admin rights. I have right clicked the SSD in my startup and I don't have the Run as Admin. option. (no security shield or option). I would love to use SSD for my laptop protection but does anyone know why I cannot see the Run as Admin option when I right click SSD? PLEASE HELP!!

Vista - unlike XP - needs special permission to run ANY program with full administrative rights.
    I'm really not sure why you can not see the "Run as Administrator" option in the right click menu.
    Is the account you are running from an Administrator level account or just a User account?

Do have an icon on the desktop as well as the Startmenu - does this behave the same?

If you right-click the Spybot icon and choose Properties do you get an active "Advanced" button?
    This route also allows you to select Run as Administrator.

Default Thank you!

Thank you DougCuk! I did see the SDD icon on my desktop and it does have the run as admin option. Thank you. Still don't know why the startup SSD option doesn't have the run as admin selection. But thank you once again. Hopefully removing these threats (Double D) will stop these IE pop up everytime I surf the net!