Thread: 1.6.2.46 + latest updates - SEARCH now greyed out ?

Default 1.6.2.46 + latest updates - SEARCH now greyed out ?

Happened on both PC (XP SP2) and laptop (SP3), going into Updates brings the window but the search button is greyed. After about a minute, the box just disappears,

Anyone else have same issue ? Any fix for this (other than reinstall) ?

Scanning still works fine.

Thanks

Exclamation

Bump - can someone address this please as I am unable to update either on my PC or laptop. Tried running on both today and simply starts update window, CPU goes up to about 50%, search option greyed, then windows closes. Like I say, this is on both Laptop AND PC, both of which started happening after updates about two weeks ago.

Thank you

Sounds like something is blocking internet access for the Spybot update program - SDUpdate.exe
    The most likely culprit would be a firewall or possibly some other security program.

Do you get the same response running SDUpdate directly from the Spybot folder - as from inside the main program?

As your problem started on two different computers at the same time is there something you have changed at that time - that would apply to both computers?

See my post on updating problems. have reinstalled Spybot 1.6.2 and all updates, scans etc now working properly with no application errors.

This was probably down to running a cleaner whic screwed up Spybot settings.

New behaviour is that - even though the SEARCH button still greyed out - it actually does now return either "no updates avaialble" or take you to the update location page.