Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Search Results redirected

Default yay :)

The google redirects seem to have gone now, thanks

but now i get active-x errors on random websites.

it keeps telling me that my settings are too high to allow the active-x control on the page to run.

Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Colin-uk View Post
    but now i get active-x errors on random websites.

it keeps telling me that my settings are too high to allow the active-x control on the page to run.
    What are some of the websites that you get Active-X errors on? Do you know if these websites are safe or not? The reason I ask is because bad websites often use Active-X to install malicious files on a computer.

I see that you have SpywareBlaster, did you recently update it? SpywareBlaster blocks bad Active-X from running, my guess is that is what's happening.

Step # 1 Update Java

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:
    • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u16.
    • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager.
    • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
    • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    • Remove the following old versions of Java:

• Java(TM) 6 Update 14

• Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
    • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
    • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
    • From your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

Step # 2 Run CCleaner

CCleaner will remove everything from the temp/temporary folders but please note that it will not make back ups!

• Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours
    • Then select the items you wish to clean up.
    • In the Windows Tab:
    • Clean all entries in the Internet Explorer section except Cookies
    • Clean all the entries in the Windows Explorer section
    • Clean all entries in the System section
    • Clean all entries in the Advanced section
    • Clean any others that you choose
    • In the Applications Tab:
    • Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it
    • Clean all in the Opera section if you use it
    • Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section
    • Clean any others that you choose
    • Click the Run Cleaner button.
    • A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
    • Click OK and it will scan and clean your system.
    • Click exit when done.
    • If it asks you to reboot at the end, click NO

Step # 3: Remove Hijackthis Entries

• Run HijackThis
    • Click on the Scan button
    • Put a check beside all of the items listed below (if present):

It may be helpful to know that when you put an item in your Trusted Zone, it has pretty much full access to your computer... Are you sure you trust these sites to that degree?? If you're not sure, and/or you do not need these in your trusted zone to facilitate access, or you did not knowingly permit this access yourself, then please fix the following O15 entries:

O15 - Trusted Zone: *.stumbleupon.com

• Close all open windows and browsers/email, etc...
    • Click on the "Fix Checked" button
    • When completed, close the application.

Step # 4 Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
    • Before running a scan, click the Update tab, next click Check for Updates to download any updates, if available.
    • Next click the Scanner tab and select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
    • You can also access the log by doing the following:
    • Click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon to launch the program.
    • Click on the Logs tab.
    • Click on the log at the bottom of those listed to highlight it.
    • Click Open.

In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:

1. MalwareBytes' Log
    2. A fresh HiJackThis Log
    Malware Removal University Master
    Member of ASAP & UNITE

Yes I've recently updated spyware blaster, i disabled the protection and didnt get any active-x errors.

the sites im getting them are sites i trust and visit regularly, for example neowin.net and filehippo.com, im guessing these are false positives. ive left spyware blaster disabled for now.

I've updated Java to the latest version.

Here is my new HijackThis log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 13:53:00, on 05/09/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Wakoopa\Wakoopa.exe
    C:\Program Files\Taskbar Shuffle\taskbarshuffle.exe
    C:\Program Files\stunnel\stunnel.exe
    C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8080
    O2 - BHO: StumbleUpon Launcher - {145B29F4-A56B-4b90-BBAC-45784EBEBBB7} - C:\Program Files\StumbleUpon\StumbleUponIEBar.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Advertising Cookie Opt-out - {8E425EB4-ADBD-4816-B1E8-49BB9DECF034} - C:\Program Files\Google\Advertising Cookie Opt-out\opt_out.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Tunebite_WebRipPlugin Class - {AA102584-3B97-47e7-B9BC-75D54C110A7D} - C:\Program Files\RapidSolution\Tunebite\plugins\IE\TB_WebRipIePlugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: IE DOM Explorer - {CC7E636D-39AA-49b6-B511-65413DA137A1} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar\IEDevToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Gears Helper - {E0FEFE40-FBF9-42AE-BA58-794CA7E3FB53} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.30.0\gears.dll
    O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: StumbleUpon Toolbar - {5093EB4C-3E93-40AB-9266-B607BA87BDC8} - C:\Program Files\StumbleUpon\StumbleUponIEBar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Developer Toolbar - {CC962137-2E78-4f94-975E-FC0C07DBD78F} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar\IEDevToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Wakoopa] C:\Program Files\Wakoopa\Wakoopa.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Shuffle] C:\Program Files\Taskbar Shuffle\taskbarshuffle.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with &FD - C:\Program Files\FreshDevices\FreshDownload\fdiectx.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: StumbleUpon: &Blog This - res://StumbleUponIEBar.dll/blogimage
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {09C04DA7-5B76-4EBC-BBEE-B25EAC5965F5} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.30.0\gears.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Gears Settings - {09C04DA7-5B76-4EBC-BBEE-B25EAC5965F5} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.30.0\gears.dll
    O9 - Extra button: IE Developer Toolbar - {48FFE35F-36D9-44bd-A6CC-1D34414EAC0D} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar\IEDevToolbar.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...?1223924430421
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
    O23 - Service: stunnel - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\stunnel\stunnel.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware Authorization Service (VMAuthdService) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Server\vmware-authd.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware DHCP Service (VMnetDHCP) - VMware, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware Virtual Mount Manager Extended (vmount2) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware Registration Service (vmserverdWin32) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Server\vmserverdWin32.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware NAT Service - VMware, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnat.exe
    O23 - Service: wampapache - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Program Files\WAMP\bin\apache\apache2.2.6\bin\httpd.exe
    O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\WAMP\bin\mysql\mysql5.0.45\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
    O23 - Service: VNC Server Version 4 (WinVNC4) - RealVNC Ltd. - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe

--
    End of file - 6921 bytes

Malware Bytes Log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.40
    Database version: 2551
    Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

05/09/2009 14:00:10
    mbam-log-2009-09-05 (14-00-10).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
    Objects scanned: 93721
    Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 12 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 0
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
    (No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Thanks

Emeritus

the sites im getting them are sites i trust and visit regularly, for example neowin.net and filehippo.com, im guessing these are false positives. ive left spyware blaster disabled for now.
    Ok. Don't keep SpywareBlaster disabled for too long. By keeping it disabled you no longer get those false postives, but you're no longer receiving protection from the bad sites that use Active-X. I would reenable SpywareBlaster when its updated again and check those sites to see if the possible Active-X False Positives still remain.

Step # 1 Update Adobe Acrobat Reader

There is a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader available. (See Note below)

• First, go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all previous versions.
    • Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link
    • On the right Untick Adobe Phototshop Album Starter Edition if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
    • Click the Continue button
    • Click Run, and click Run again
    • Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts

Note: Adobe 9.1.3 is a large program and if you prefer a smaller program you can get Foxit 3.1 instead from http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

If you decide to install Foxit 3.1 instead of Adobe, do the following during Foxit's Setup/Installation process:

Uncheck the following boxes:

I accept the License Terms and want to install Foxit Toolbar

Make Ask.com my default search

Create desktop, quick launch and start menu icon to eBay

Step # 2: Run Kaspersky Online Scan

Please go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
    2. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
    3. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
    4. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:
      • Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
        Archives
        Mail databases
    5. Click on My Computer under Scan.
    6. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
    7. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
    8. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button.
    9. Please post this log in your next reply.

In your next post/reply, I need to see the following:

1. Kaspersky Log
    2. A fresh HiJackThis Log
    3. How is your computer doing, any problems?
    Member of ASAP & UNITE

Emeritus

Colin-uk? How are things coming along?
    Member of ASAP & UNITE

Hey, sorry for the delay in reply km2357, had a bit of family trouble.

I tried using the kaspersky online scanner to scan the "computer" area but after about 12 hours of running it, it had only completed 6%. so i would probably have to leave my pc on for like a week for it to complete and i cant really afford to do that :p

I scanned the "critical areas" and tried to attach the results to this post, but it said it was an invalid file, so ive uploaded it to here, my computer seems to be running fine now though

New HJT Log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 14:18:47, on 11/09/2009
    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
    C:\Program Files\stunnel\stunnel.exe
    C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe
    C:\Program Files\Wakoopa\Wakoopa.exe
    C:\Program Files\Taskbar Shuffle\taskbarshuffle.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
    C:\program files\steam\steam.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
    C:\Program Files\X-Chat 2\xchat.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe
    C:\Program Files\Crazy Browser\Crazy Browser.exe
    C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk/
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1:8080
    O2 - BHO: StumbleUpon Launcher - {145B29F4-A56B-4b90-BBAC-45784EBEBBB7} - C:\Program Files\StumbleUpon\StumbleUponIEBar.dll
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
    O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll (disabled by BHODemon)
    O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: Advertising Cookie Opt-out - {8E425EB4-ADBD-4816-B1E8-49BB9DECF034} - C:\Program Files\Google\Advertising Cookie Opt-out\opt_out.dll
    O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
    O2 - BHO: Tunebite_WebRipPlugin Class - {AA102584-3B97-47e7-B9BC-75D54C110A7D} - C:\Program Files\RapidSolution\Tunebite\plugins\IE\TB_WebRipIePlugin.dll
    O2 - BHO: IE DOM Explorer - {CC7E636D-39AA-49b6-B511-65413DA137A1} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar\IEDevToolbar.dll
    O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Gears Helper - {E0FEFE40-FBF9-42AE-BA58-794CA7E3FB53} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.30.0\gears.dll
    O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: StumbleUpon Toolbar - {5093EB4C-3E93-40AB-9266-B607BA87BDC8} - C:\Program Files\StumbleUpon\StumbleUponIEBar.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Developer Toolbar - {CC962137-2E78-4f94-975E-FC0C07DBD78F} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar\IEDevToolbar.dll
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Wakoopa] C:\Program Files\Wakoopa\Wakoopa.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Taskbar Shuffle] C:\Program Files\Taskbar Shuffle\taskbarshuffle.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with &FD - C:\Program Files\FreshDevices\FreshDownload\fdiectx.htm
    O8 - Extra context menu item: StumbleUpon: &Blog This - res://StumbleUponIEBar.dll/blogimage
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {09C04DA7-5B76-4EBC-BBEE-B25EAC5965F5} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.30.0\gears.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Gears Settings - {09C04DA7-5B76-4EBC-BBEE-B25EAC5965F5} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Internet Explorer\0.5.30.0\gears.dll
    O9 - Extra button: IE Developer Toolbar - {48FFE35F-36D9-44bd-A6CC-1D34414EAC0D} - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar\IEDevToolbar.dll
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype add-on for Internet Explorer - {5067A26B-1337-4436-8AFE-EE169C2DA79F} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O15 - Trusted Zone: *.stumbleupon.com
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.microsoft.com/wind...?1223924430421
    O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
    O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
    O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
    O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
    O23 - Service: stunnel - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\stunnel\stunnel.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware Authorization Service (VMAuthdService) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Server\vmware-authd.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware DHCP Service (VMnetDHCP) - VMware, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnetdhcp.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware Virtual Mount Manager Extended (vmount2) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\VMware\VMware Virtual Image Editing\vmount2.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware Registration Service (vmserverdWin32) - VMware, Inc. - C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Server\vmserverdWin32.exe
    O23 - Service: VMware NAT Service - VMware, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmnat.exe
    O23 - Service: wampapache - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Program Files\WAMP\bin\apache\apache2.2.6\bin\httpd.exe
    O23 - Service: wampmysqld - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\WAMP\bin\mysql\mysql5.0.45\bin\mysqld-nt.exe
    O23 - Service: VNC Server Version 4 (WinVNC4) - RealVNC Ltd. - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe

--
    End of file - 7382 bytes

Thanks!

Emeritus

Everything looks good and if there are no more problems, then you are good to go.

You can delete the following files off of your computer

DDS.scr
    The two DDS Logs
    GMER.zip
    GMER.exe
    The GMER Log

To remove ComboFix, do the following:

Go to Start > Run - type in ComboFix /u & click OK

Empty your Recycle Bin.

Please take the time to read my All Clean Post.

Please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

This is a good time to clear your existing system restore points and establish a new clean restore point

• Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore
    • Select Create a restore point, and Ok it.
    • Next, go to Start > Run and type in cleanmgr
    • Make sure the C:\ drive is selected and click OK. If your computer's Hard Drive is not located on C:, change it to the correct drive letter then click OK.
    • Select the More options tab
    • Choose the option to clean up system restore and OK it.
    • This will remove all restore points except the new one you just created.

Clearing your restore points is not something you should do on a regular basis. Normally, this process only needs to be done after clearing out an infestation of malware.

Make your Internet Explorer more secure This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    1. From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    2. Click once on the Security tab
    3. Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    4. Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub frames across different domains to Prompt
    5. When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
    6. If it asks you if you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    7. Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.

Set correct settings for files that should be hidden in Windows XP
    • Click Start > My Computer > Tools menu (at top of page) > Folder Options > View tab.
    • Under "Hidden files and folders" if necessary select Do not show hidden files and folders.
    • If unchecked please checkHide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    • If necessary check "Display content of system folders"
    • If necessary Uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types.
    • Click OK

• Use An Antivirus Software and Keep It Updated - It is very important that your computer has an antivirus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future. It is imperative that you update your antivirus software at least once a day. If you do not update your antivirus software, then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.
    • Visit Microsoft's Update Site Frequently It is important that you visit Microsoft Updates regularly. This will ensure your computer has the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.
    • Use the hosts file: Every version of windows has a hosts file as part of them. In a very basic sense, they are used to locate web pages. We can customize a hosts file so that it blocks certain web pages. However, it can slow down certain computers. This is why using a hosts file is optional. Download mvps hosts file Make sure you read the instructions on how to install the hosts file. There is a good tutorial HERE If you decide to download the hosts file, the slowdown problems can usually be avoided by following these steps:
      1. Click the start button on the task bar at the bottom of your screen
      2. Click run
      3. In the dialog box, type services.msc
      4. hit enter, then locate dns client
      5. Highlight it, then doubleclick it.
      6. On the dropdown box, change the setting from automatic to manual.
      7. Click ok..
    • Use an alternative instant messenger program.Trillian and Miranda IM These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
    • Please read Tony Klein's excellent article: How I got Infected in the First Place
    • Please read Understanding Spyware, Browser Hijackers, and Dialers
    • Please read Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet
    • If you are using Internet Explorer, please consider using an alternate browser: Mozilla's Firefox or
      Opera.
      If you decide to use either FireFox or Opera, it is very important that you keep them up to date and check frequently for updates of the browser of your choice.
    • Update all these programs regularly Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
    • If your computer was infected by a website, a program, IM, MSN, or p2p, check this site because it is Time To Fight Back.
    Follow these steps and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Here's a good website to read about Malware prevention:

http://users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/m...revention.html

If your computer is running slow, click here for instructions on how to help speed up your computer.

Good luck!

Please reply one last time so that I know you have read my post and this thread can be closed.
    Member of ASAP & UNITE

Everything seems fine now!

Thanks for all the Help km2357, it was much appreciated

i'll certainly have a read of those linked articles.

Cheers!
    Colin :D

Emeritus

You're welcome. I'm glad I was able to help you out.

Good luck and safe surfing!
    Member of ASAP & UNITE