Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Flywelder's HJT log

Security Expert: Emeritus

I linked to NoScript homepage, it is Firefox addon

It looks like to me that windows installation might be corrupted.

Are you able to uninstall any program?
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2011

Member of ASAP and UNITE since 2006

Hi Shaba,
    So if I understand correctly, when you wrote:
    "I linked to NoScript homepage, it is Firefox addon"

A) I am interpreting that then to mean: NoScript is a Fire fox addon.....correct?

B) I am interpreting then , that U want me to include this NoScript addon, to my fire fox browser....correct?

C) if I am still in the mud/ unclear please attempt again to get across to me. ...for I would greatly appreciate it.

Default My second reply

SHaba , I can image this is frustrating at times attempting to get me to understand...I apologize, I am frustrated at myself for not understanding. ...but please continue your efforts, I appreciate your help greatly!

SHaba , I do not know if I can uninstall a program with there being no hang ups.....I do know how to. But waht to uninstall is my question for you
    To help, I have attached a screen shot of Add or remove programs from my computer we are working with. I hope it helps.
    I have several screen-shots so that you can see the entire list. I hope i can get them all posted here. look for postings titled screen shot of Add or remove programs, view 1 - 4

And, while your looking please list for me programs you think or know I don't need....because this would help my computer , I am sure.
    flywelder

Smile my 3rd reply

Hi Shaba,
    Maybe I have not completed a step you instructed me to, and that is why I cannot install these programs you want me to.

So let me ask you:

A) should I have SpybotS&D still running in the back ground? ...could this be probable cause? ...or should I exit the program? .......... FYI, regularly, SpybotS&D shows me a balloon saying it is scanning new processes, .. I wonder each time, just what processes is it scanning?

B) Should I scan disc the C drive now? ( FYI, I do this once every 2 weeks normally)

C) Should I defrag the c drive ..now? ( FYI, I normally do, twice a month )

D) I have attached screen shots of my Task manager, so that perhaps your looking at the list will clue you to something.....and while your looking, would you mind looking for problems or items that you know I could do with out....because there are so many listed!..., and I do not know why there are so many!.....and I read some months back that, the more items listed in task manager the slower ones computer will be...Shaba is that correct?

In order to send you the entire list, I have labeled the screen shots View 1 and view 2

Default My 3rd reply

Shaba,
    Do you need to look at the log created by Java RA?
    I will gladly post it here..... to do so, first, I need you to instruct me as to where it was placed on my computer?

I 'll need step by step directions.

in case these postings get confusing and which to answer first second and then thirdly, etc......FYI, This is my latest reply to day, now I wait for you. ...i hope I am not adding to any confusion

No, I just asked if you had it installed. It is good one to have installed, that is true.

You can try to uninstall for example Adobe Reader.

A) It is your choice. It can confuse sometimes.

B) No.

c) No.

D) That is true that having many startup programs will slow down computer.

No need to post that log

As your issues don't seem to be malware related anymore, is it OK to redirect you to some windows forum?

Oh..... I was not sure if they were related or not, now I know.....OK, then Shaba.

Thank you for your time, and assistance, you have spent a great amount of time with me, and have helped tremendously, I really appreciate this

Will you direct me to the correct windows forum for my needs please?......don't leave me to find the right one on my own, it will not happen.
    Thank you Shaba, very nice working with you, I have never been to Finland, only seeing it threw TV... and TV has me intrigued to some day visit such a pretty and exciting Country.

Take care Shaba!
    Flywelder

I recommend this place

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note: If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or your helper a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.