Thread: Computer Exploded...Help!

Exclamation Computer Exploded...Help!

Hey, i don't know if this is the right place, but i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. I've tried every trick i know, but am unable to connect to the Internet through my wireless network. Repairing doesn't work, nor does the more technical command promt commands. [though ip release changes it from a "not connected" to a limited connectivity]
    The original error is that the IP address is not set properly [connectivity doctor saying]. However, despite having directly connected to the internet and changing my IP address, once i try to go to the wireless network it still won't connect.
    It happened when i was just browsing the web, and went offline with no warning. when i reconnected, it told me i wasn't connected but managed to continue browsing. Shortly after though it cut out again and refused to reconnect.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated
    cheers,
    4nn13

Hi,

I am not a pro at this as I hardly ever touch internet trouble shooting, but let me try.

Is your wireless device provided by your ISP? If so, perhaps you want to try consulting them for help.

4NN13,
    Understand this is coming from a "streetfighter" type computer user. If your using Windows, when it starts throwin all that techno crap at me (No IP, Dccp not enabled, TCPIP having a bad day, WHATEVER!) 4 out of 5 times, by enabling Windows wireless zero configuration, whatever glich is kicking my computer's a#s, gets straitened out.
    Open "Control Panel", then "Administrative Services" then "services", scroll to the bottom of all the geekspeak, and when you find it, click it, then "start services"
    Thats my default move for quick and dirty connecting . . .

and now, for someone, who might know what they're talkin about . . .
    Last edited by Backroads14; 2010-10-25 at 01:18. Reason: cause I screwed it up!!!
    "I can't even SPELL HTML!!!!"

Default problem

If this is happening to you the first thing you should do is try reseting the wifi adapter.

It is realy easy. start - run - put this word in the run - compmgmt.mscit opens up computer management. In device manager you find the wireless card under the network adapters. Right click and uninstall it. right click again and click scan for hardware changes. try to enter your wifi settings normally again after all this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4NN13 View Post
    Hey, i don't know if this is the right place, but i'm having some problems with my wireless connection. I've tried every trick i know, but am unable to connect to the Internet through my wireless network. Repairing doesn't work, nor does the more technical command promt commands. [though ip release changes it from a "not connected" to a limited connectivity]
    The original error is that the IP address is not set properly [connectivity doctor saying]. However, despite having directly connected to the internet and changing my IP address, once i try to go to the wireless network it still won't connect.
    It happened when i was just browsing the web, and went offline with no warning. when i reconnected, it told me i wasn't connected but managed to continue browsing. Shortly after though it cut out again and refused to reconnect.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated
    cheers,
    4nn13