Thread: mcAfee, Adware and Malwarebyte will not run

I have McAfee, AD-Aware and Malwarebyte install on on my computer. I would run them at different times. Now when I run them, they shut down before before they are.I've tried running in safe mode but the same thing happens. I get an error message that says the file cannot be accessed or I may not have permission. Please help.

Hijackthis will not run. it shuts down. It was install and started to run then it quit.

Quote Originally Posted by joedelene View Post
    Hijackthis will not run. it shuts down. It was install and started to run then it quit.
    When i try to restart it i get the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
    ============================
    If the infection prevents HJT from running, please start a topic, make note of the situation and wait for a response.
    "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-09-08 at 22:18. Reason: Merged 3 posts in 2 topics, added link to forum FAQ :-)

Security Expert: Emeritus

Hi joedelene

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:
    This tool is not a toy and not for everyday use.
    ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    If you need help to disable your protection programs see here.

When finished, it will produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2011

Member of ASAP and UNITE since 2006

Default do not have access to internet

I do not have access do the internet iexplore and firefox do not work. I am on another computer. I will download the combo fix and run it from a flash drive.

Security Expert: Emeritus

Thanks for update
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2011

Member of ASAP and UNITE since 2006