Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: advcheck.dll error with today's updates (9/9/2009)

I came across the same problem, but I clicked abort the first time, and now when I check for updates, I don't see the update.

Or should I just go to that "fresh" update link you provided, Tashi?
    Last edited by Da_bomb; 2009-09-11 at 01:17. Reason: Stupid mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Da_bomb View Post
    I came across the same problem, but I clicked abort the first time, and now when I check for updates, I don't see the update. ...
    That's exactly how it went for me. I didn't get the error message until after the updates were downloaded but before the immunizations were applied. Next time I tried, no updates were available. I clicked Immunize (twice, as usual), and it did add immunizations.

Quote Originally Posted by onDvine View Post
    That's exactly how it went for me. I didn't get the error message until after the updates were downloaded but before the immunizations were applied. Next time I tried, no updates were available. I clicked Immunize (twice, as usual), and it did add immunizations.
    I'm frankly less concerned that the Immunizations will work or not. My concern is that the software isn't properly updated. When I was installing them the first time I noticed a 1.6.4 version number, yet my window still only shows 1.6.2 as the version number for Spybot.

As such, I was merely curious as to whether I needed to redo that update...

Quote Originally Posted by Da_bomb View Post
    ... My concern is that the software isn't properly updated. ...
    Okay. Mine also shows 1.6.2. Will wait with you for a knowledgeable response.

Edit: 1.6.2 is the latest version shown here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
    Last edited by onDvine; 2009-09-11 at 21:57. Reason: add URL to Safer Networking