Thread: Undo authorization

Default Undo authorization

Due to a confusion at the time of select "Allow/Deny" (I've just fixed the pop-ups problem in TeaTimer (ElPiedra suggestion) by mistake I allowed an insertion in the starup.

How do I get the information regarding this operation and, most important, how can I undo it.

To see what it was you allowed,you could open Spybot,click mode up top,then Advanced Mode,then click tools,then resident,and there should be a resident log there.If you aren't sure what it is that you allowed,you can highlight the last couple of things(or the last thing,if you haven't allowed or denied anything else),then rightclick,select copy,then paste it here.

12/06/06 11:12:43 Allowed value "{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}" (new data: "") deleted in Browser Helper Object!

I could not find were the Archive Log is saved.

Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Show log".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

CLSID = {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} is the CLSID of Spybot's IE Resident Browser Helper Object (BHO). That entry indicates that the BHO was being deleted at the time it was allowed. Since "Deny change" is not normally an option when BHO's are being deleted that was really the only option you had.

The IE Resident Browser Helper Object (BHO) blocks tracking cookies in Internet Explorer. If you want to reactivate the feature, I suggest that you go into Spybot-S&D > Immunize and look in the last section labeled "Permanently running bad download blocker for Internet Explorer". If "Enable permanent blocking of bad addresses in Internet Explorer" is unchecked, check it.

The "Resident" log(s) are normally stored in one of the following directories depending on the operation system you are running:
    • Windows 95/98
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows ME
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
    • Windows NT/2000/XP
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

The file names are:
    • Resident.log (for the current log).
    • Resident.yymmdd-hhmm.log (for archived logs - where yymmdd-hhmm = date and time of when the log was archived).

If you double click on the logs they should open with Notepad.

Viewing logs from within Spybot-S&D:

The Archive Resident logs (Resident.yymmdd-hhmm.log) as well as other logs produced by Spybot-S&D such as the logs produced during a scan (Checks.yymmdd-hhmm.log) and the logs produced when you "Fix select problems" (Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log) can all be view from within Spybot-S&D. To do this:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > View Reports > click the "View Pervious reports" button. Look for the log you want to view. Then either double click on the log or select the log and click Open.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-06-21 at 19:52. Reason: Added information about viewing logs from within Spybot-S&D.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.