Thread: Trojan infection - Spybot, HJT, McAfee etc won't run, Google redirect etc

Default Trojan infection - Spybot, HJT, McAfee etc won't run, Google redirect etc

I am having a lot of trouble trying to get rid of the malware which seems to have infected me. It is one of these which inhibits everything which would detect and clean it. The main symptoms are that when I click on google links I get redirected to random sites and also Windows Live comes up with a 'Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working' error message.

I get error messages trying to run Spybot, HJT, Erunt and McAfee which won't let any of them run scans, or scans start and then the application closes itself down. I have tried to uninstall, reinstall and run them numerous times.

I run Vista Home Premium (32-bit) on a HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook.

Any help would be much appreciated to see if I can avoid a full Vista reinstall.

Thanks very much!

Emeritus-Security Expert

Hello richardblack

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post
    That said, All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
    While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
    Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
    A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
    Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
    Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Please download RootRepeal one of these locations and save it to your desktop
    Here
    Here
    Here
    • Open on your desktop.
    • Click the tab.
    • Click the button.
    • Check just these boxes:
    • Push Ok
    • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:, and press Ok.
    • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
    • Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your post.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Thanks, Ken.

I will try that later on when I am back at home and post the results. This one is very frustrating!

Thanks,

Richard

This topic has been closed due to inactivity.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new HijackThis log with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016