I'm running a Dell XPS M170 notebook with windows XP media center service pack 2. I have 1GB of memory and an 80GB hard drive with 9GB free.

I believe that I am infected with the windows Antivirus pro 2010 virus. Here are some of the symptoms.
-frequent pop-ups by this fake AV program, and have not been able to get it off my computer.
-could not open my task manager.
-not been able to run AV programs such as AVG and Spybot.
-search engine redirect where i cannot open results from searches; i get redirected and then my browser (firefox 2 and IE) usually crashes.
-logitech setpoint recently stopped working, and does not work even if reinstalled (could be completely unrelated)

Here is what i have tried so far:
-for the task manager i was able to re-enable it with this command; "REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f."
-i tried not only running spybot, but running it in safe mode. i can occasionally get spybot to open, but it crashes as soon as i begin the scan, and then i can no longer open it
-i ran avg in both full and safe modes of windows, and it ran for a while in safe mode, but eventually crashed
-i tried to do the "before you post instructions," but the only program i could get to run was erunt

thanks in advance