Thread: New to the world of Spybot

Question New to the world of Spybot

Hello to you all,
    Thought i`d dip my toe in and see if I can make sense of why my PC has been behaving very strange receintly.
    I use Avast Home Edition and a friend came round and put System Mechanic on from a CD for a simple way to a clean my PC.

Thing is, being a complete numpty as to why I could not get on-line over the past 2 weeks, how ever I tried . I would be sitting here with Windows Internet Explorer saying Cannot Connect to the Internet.

It came as a shock this morning to just switch on and every thing seems to be OK.

If I ever got on-line over the last week or so I asked through one of my forums (motorcycles) whats going on with my PC and one reply was to try here and download something, but which do I download ???

This will be my first question of many questions, though will I understand what to do with your answers.

Thanks in advance, Circlip.

Hello Circlip,
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    a friend came round and put System Mechanic on from a CD for a simple way to a clean my PC.
    Did you use the registry cleaner? Registry Cleaners, not recommended
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post

If I ever got on-line over the last week or so I asked through one of my forums (motorcycles) whats going on with my PC and one reply was to try here and download something, but which do I download ???
    The subject of your topic is "New to the world of Spybot", so I'm guessing Spybot-S&D?

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016