Thread: Should I repost new thread?

Default Should I repost new thread?

Today I posted a thread for help with malware(vertumonde) w HJT file. I then saw other posts and responses for same topic. I wonder if i should download and run other diag tools recomended in other posts then repost help topic.
    Any suggestions?

Hello jseymour3000,
    Quote Originally Posted by jseymour3000 View Post
    I wonder if i should download and run other diag tools recomended in other posts then repost help topic.
    Any suggestions?
    Please don't, here is a link to the forum's FAQ: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Thank You 4 your help-will try to be patient

Thank You for your help and time.
    I work from my computer. No computer = no work=no pay. It makes it very hard to be patient, but I will do my best. I can see from the number of posts that you are kept quite busy.
    While waiting for a response to my original post, I have had the time to view other help topics which I'm sure will help prevent problems in the future.
    Thank You and the support team for all your help.

Question What determines who gets help?/ R name brands better?

Does sending donations give a person support priority ?
    I was wondering what determines the order support requests on the message board are handled. I noticed some get passed by without help (for days)while others recieve help almost right away.
    I thought spybot search & destroy was a great product. I have tried others with lesser results but now that its not removing malware and I cant get support, I am second guessing my choice of product. I can't afford to be withoput a computer for more than a day or two. For now I am looking at buying a new one, instead of fixing this one because of the wait involved.
    Would I be better off with one of the "Big Name Brands" to avoid the problem in the future?
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-09-15 at 06:36. Reason: Merged two topics

Hi there,
    Quote Originally Posted by jseymour3000 View Post
    Does sending donations give a person support priority ?
    I was wondering what determines the order support requests on the message board are handled. I noticed some get passed by without help (for days)while others recieve help almost right away.
    I thought spybot search & destroy was a great product. I have tried others with lesser results but now that its not removing malware and I cant get support, I am second guessing my choice of product. I can't afford to be withoput a computer for more than a day or two. For now I am looking at buying a new one, instead of fixing this one because of the wait involved.
    Would I be better off with one of the "Big Name Brands" to avoid the problem in the future?
    Donations, while very much appreciated, have nothing to do with the order in which members receive assistance from volunteers in the malware forum.

Your topic was started yesterday in the evening. We realize it is frustrating to wait but the analysts are doing their very best to get to everyone.

The Waiting Room
    Post here if still waiting for help in the Malware Forum, (AFTER) FOUR days

Of course someone may be able to assist you before it becomes necessary to use those links.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default not aware that support was run on a volunteer basis

I was not aware that support was run on a volunteer basis. I thought the Company who makes Spybot Search & Destroy were offering the support found in this forum. I now understand the reason for waiting and can appreciate it a little more now understanding the who and why. I did find the email support option (which appears to have its own waiting period) or the pay for live assist option from the support links on the home page.
    I will try to waste no more of your time on this subject so that you can spend the time helping others....Thank You.