Thread: Suspicious flash installer, anybody seen this?

Cool Suspicious flash installer, anybody seen this?

Hello,

Today I have encountered a hack/malware-like thing on my website - transcosmic.com - this flash window just pops up on every page after (but not always) a what seems to be legit IE error notification - "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site... Operation aborted."

The flash window looks like this:

It appears and immediately opens a download window, downloading a file named install-flash-player.exe from a website called install-adobe-flash.com, it happens in IE and Safari, but never in FF - it's really weird, I don't think it's a hack since my wp-admin is fine without this download appearing and without any hacking evidence there.

Any suggestions? Anybody seen this before? I tried googling these file and domain, but almost nothing came up...

Thank you in advance for any info!

Hello popokolok,

This forum is to help users with infected personal computers and the FAQ is here: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello popokolok,

This forum is to help users with infected personal computers and the FAQ is here: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Best regards.
    I realize that, however if somebody knows something about this, it wouldn't do any harm sharing the information... Thanks in advance.

Hi there,
    Quote Originally Posted by popokolok View Post
    I realize that, however if somebody knows something about this, it wouldn't do any harm sharing the information...
    Sorry but the FAQ contains all the information required in order to start a topic and receive assistance from volunteer analysts.

This forum is not for speculating and members do not have the permissions required in order to post suggestions to other members threads.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016