Thread: Hotmail, Facebook pages won't load.

Default Hotmail, Facebook pages won't load.

Hi, just the other day I turned on my computer and attempted to logon to my hotmail account. The page was "done," but it was totally blank, just a white page and no loaded info at all. I had the same problem with Facebook, just a blank screen; most other webpages loaded fine. Occassionally, when I'd click on a button for a download, nothing would happen. The odd thing was the previous night it was working fine and I hadn't downloaded anything recently, potentially harmful, to explain why. I ran a number of programs like Prevx 2.0, ESET NOD32 Antivirus, Malwarebytes and RegCur, but they found nothing. I even reverted back to IE7 and then upgraded to IE8 again in hopes of rectifying it, but nothing. I also thought, and hoped, that it might be a temporary problem on IE's end and thought of waiting it out, but who knows.
    Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Eric

Emeritus-Security Expert

Hello Eric

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post
    While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen. It is advisable that you back up your important data before starting any clean up procedure. Neither Safer Networking Forums nor the Analyst providing the advice may be held responsible for any loss.

Not sure if this issue is malware or windows related, lets find out.

Please download RootRepeal one of these locations and save it to your desktop
    Here
    Here
    Here
    • Open on your desktop.
    • Click the tab.
    • Click the button.
    • Check just these boxes:
    • Push Ok
    • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:, and press Ok.
    • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
    • Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your post.

• Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
    • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
    • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Thanks. Recently I was able to perform a System Restore and that seemed to have ironed any problems I was having. Thanks again.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good Morning,

Glad you got it fixed, your call but if you would like me to check your logs to make sure there is no malware involved then post both of those reports.

Ken
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.