Thread: SpyBot and Webroot 's SpySweeper

Default SpyBot and Webroot 's SpySweeper

Greetings:

I've had an on-again, off-again, and now back on-again problem. SpySweeper is displaying the Internet Communication Shield notice again. It appears as if SpySweeper is going down through my HOSTS file and checking each entry.

This happened once before and I stopped it by un-ticking the "Global Hosts" item on SpyBot's immunize panel. That info was from http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=50311 . That box is still un-ticked, but SpySweeper is again giving me the "Communication Shield" notices.

A few days ago I downloaded a Citrix application so I could connect remotely to my work PC . I didn't like it, so I removed Citrix. That's when the SpySweeper notices started to appear again. Is there something else I should do to stop SpySweeper from going down through my HOSTS file and checking every entry?

I have a Windows XP 2004 Media Center with:
    SpyBot version 1.6.2.46
    SpySweeper: 6.1.0.128 (Anti-Virus is OFF)
    AVG 8.5.409 (Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware)
    ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.298.000 (Firewall, OS Firewall, Anti-Spyware)

In advance, Thanks!

That box is still un-ticked, but SpySweeper is again giving me the "Communication Shield" notices.
    Does it also show 0 Protected?

I don't have Spy Sweeper,but I see that it should log the Internet Communication Shield notices.
    It might be under the Session log.
    Something like this:
    In the Icon panel,click Options,click the Sweep tab,then click the View Session Log link at the top of the panel.
    To save log activity to a file,click Save To File and enter a log name.

If you wanted to do that,then copy and paste the entries from one session relating to the Internet Communication Shield notices here,it might give a better idea of what is happening.