Thread: Let me rephrase the question...

Question Let me rephrase the question...

Why when I run SB and I let it clean up temp files, there are 665 temp files it cannot delete? I've even tried using ATF Cleaner. What and where are these temp files and why can't they be deleted?

Hi

Take a look here: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...mp-folder.html.
    You can't delete files that are in use. They are probably locked by running programs. Try closing programs before you clean up the temp folder.
    If SB cannot delete them, I don't think other programs can. There is no need to run programs like ATF Cleaner or CCleaner.

JR

Question

Thank you for your response. Although I'm running XP not Vista, I understood the idea to be the same. I'm pretty good about not having programs needlessly running and have the minimum allowed to boot from start up. What surprised me is when I run SB on my girlfriend's machine, which is running Vista, and SB shows only a few temp files it can't delete, and I have her's set up pretty much the same as mine with SB, Ad Aware, Avast and Windows Fire Wall.
    Last edited by uvantu; 2009-10-05 at 02:26. Reason: spelling error

Default Let me rephrase the question...

Hi uvantu

What message do you get, when you try to delete files manually from the temp-folder? Is the number of files in the temp-folder the same as SB indicates?

JR