Thread: How do I uninstall the remnents of a previous version ?

Question How do I uninstall the remnents of a previous version ?

I am sick & tired of fighting with Kaspersky about what will work with their frapping program.....KIS version 9.0.0.463 (b.c) and what will not.

On my docked piece of Dell Inspiron 8200 there are (I'm 100% certain) leftovers from my previous install that I tried to remove....completely.... about 6 months ago.

There used to be what was described as a: small tool, that could be used to do that.

I'm sorry Spybot folks, but I have a paid subscription for 3) 'puters, so the conflicting free one's (unfortunately, and not by my choice) have to go.

Where...in the world is that thing located now, Please?

If I have to re-install it and use revouninstaller I'll do that.

I gotta get this old hunka Dell cleaned up.

It is an old laptop (if you have one hefty lap), and I need to keep it as clean as possible so the 1.6GHz CPU can run more efficiently, or as good as possible at least.

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated and I can't compliment the Father of Spybot enough.
    It is a Maximum KickA** program.

I just can't toss out my paid subscriptions...(a gift) out the windows.

Thanks in advance fellow Spybot users!

Groucho

You might as well use Revo Uninstaller to remove Spybot, and then proceed to trash Kaspersky.

Of course, reboot and then reinstall Kaspersky.
    I find it surprising that Kaspersky is still fighting over candy. I thought that the latest builds removed the F/P "incompatibilities".

Try uninstalling both and then reinstall Kaspersky.

Question What if I don't wanna uninstall Kaspersky

Thank you for the response drragostea.....much appreciated.

I sincerely apologize for not replying or at least thanking you sooner.
    I changed ISPs from dsl @thebiga**phonecompany.com to a 20 mbps fiber connection that has not gone as planned.

What if:
    All I wanted to do was rid my dell of the spybot remnants only?

If I uninstall K.aspersky, I'll lose some logs, set-ups, etc on there that I really don't want to lose.

If I reinstall spybot (since evidently that small tool doesn't exist any longer ??) and use revo....will doing that get rid of previous installations?

I know they're there because when I run scans I spot spybot remnants at a glance.

Any opinions much appreciated, and once my subsciptions run out I'm going back to a less demanding Internet Security Suite, most likely Bit Defender.
    Geez.....it seems like my ex created Kaspersky.

Groucho