Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE 7 crashs and losing all safed information

Default IE 7 crashs and losing all safed information

Hi everybody!

I hope you can help me...

My IE7 crashes regularly (but not always), when I want to start it. When it crashs, it loses all saved website (taps), which is highly annoying for me.

The error message says something like "ie found a problem, can't run, shuts down now" and names the file "SDHelper.dll".

Is there anything I can do to have both installed S&D and IE7 (and of course using both).

Please, don't ask for Firefox. I'm using both and need both of them, so chaging to only Firefox or another one isn't possible for me. I also don't want to update to IE8. So I'm looking for another solution. Thanks.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,
    Are you using current version of Spybot-S&D (1.6.2.46)?
    Have you tried re-installing and updating Spybot?

Yep, I'm using the current version of Spybot-S&D (1.6.2.46) and I've tried the update option, but I haven't tried to re-install it yet. I wanted to ask here first before I re-install it just to find out that it won't solve the problem.

If you say that it will be solved most probably after re-installing, then I try it of course.

Just want to be sure that it isn't about needing some kind of update or another additional file that fixes this problem.

Now I've deinstalled Spybot S&D and re-installed it. But now I have the problem that IE 7 starts normally (including all taps), but a few seconds later it vanishes. No error message, no informaton, nothing.

When I click the IE 7 button again, one single window opens with one single tap. So all taps (websites I surfed the last time before closing IE 7) are lost again.

Help?

Edit: The first window that vanishes suddenly right after being loaded isn't even reachable through Alt + Tap.
    Last edited by -Lady-; 2009-10-10 at 17:00.

Do you have any other installed add-ons and anti-spyware programs on your computer?

Yes, of course.

Can you post the list of them?

They are...

...Ad-Aware
    ...Spybot S&D
    ...SpywareBlaster
    ...ZoneAlarm
    ...XPAntiSpy.

What do you call Ad-Ons? Anything like Google Toolbar? That's the only one I can think of.

I hope this helps.

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...85&postcount=2
    If you have Google Toolbar try to disable it.
    If that didn't work, then try following: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...65&postcount=9

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. Or better the second one, since I can't figure out if that google toolbar causes that problem, because ie7 doesn't crash that regularly. Some days I'm lucky and it doesn't crash.

So it's the second option I can try. Hopefully it works.

Do you know what sdhelper does? How important is that file for S&D? (Just in case I think about disabling that one.)