Thread: downloading updates

Default downloading updates

Cannot update S&D anymore in Windows 7. Worked before with eset NOD and had never problems. Now working wit AVG 9.0. I got something with getting info-file.

Somebody same problem?
    Thanks.

Hello,

What does the error message say exactly?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Same problem . . .

My error message tells me to "Please select some update files from the list first." I click 'OK' RB and a flash of the selct box and then nothing happens. Not able to download what is available.

Any suggestions to do to maybe get something to show where the problem is or how to troubleshoot whatever is wrong.
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Hello,

It seems to be a problem with the compatibility under Windows Vista.
    You can solve the problem as follows:

1. Download this new SDUpdate.exe.

To use this beta file, extract the downloaded archive into the main application folder (usually C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\) and replace the old file with the new one.

2. If this does not help go to your SDUpdate.exe file in your program folder: 
    C:\Program Files\ Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Rightclick the file and choose properties.
    Then choose the tab compatibilty.
    There activate the checkbox in front of "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select from the drop down menu "WindowsXP". Now click "Apply" and "OK".

That should fix the problem.

This problem has also been discussed in our forum.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Downloading updates still not working . . .

SpyBotSandra,

I followed your instructions and still will not do an update.

Downloaded the Updated(ßeta) as a zip file and followed your instructions except I renamed the original SDUpdate.exe to 0SDUpdate.exe and installed the new version that shows to be 1880 KB and the older one is 1700 KB.

It did not work, just have the flash of the list of files to download from, not able to select any before it disappeared.

Followed the next set of instructions to set Compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) also without any additional advance of the update. My next approach will be to try the Windows 2003 (Service Pack 1).

I apologize for the delay in replying, other projects need attention as well,

Just conducted the last approach as noted above, still doing the same of just a flash of the list of links to select one for download. Additionally that flash also comes up when the install of SBS&D bar is moving across the screen and once up I click on the UpDate on the opening screen and have learned where to set my mouse to attempt to click on the Green Arrow or the Continue word but NOTHING happens. It just goes away and the same amount is shown when clicking on Immunize.

My next step will be to download your 'testing client' to see if any additional information can be found,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2009-10-20 at 19:09. Reason: Additional Update info:
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

SpybotSandra,

"My next step will be to download your 'testing client' to see if any additional information can be found, "

That step completed and found that Services/Task Scheduler is 'Disabled' and cannot find how to re-enable it. Right clicking on TS in Services all selectables are Greyed out and cannot change from Disabled to Automatic nor any other feature.

Your Testing Client will not function on my system,

Default FIXED 'downloading updates' . . .

SpyBotSandra,

I used the same method used by JimOfCR (http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...4&postcount=51) of uninstalling and re-installing from a fresh download. Plus I downloaded the ' . . Includes . . ' file and ran that to get it installed ASAP and now need to await the next update to see if that works.

I now have my Services/Task Scheduler in Automatic and is running again, yet the selections are still greyed out. Now maybe your Test Client will work for me. That will be checked out in the morn, as it is now 0030hrs or 2430hrs mil time.

Need my beauty rest and will need to bid you 'ado' for now,