Thread: Sybot Scan Time

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sybot Scan Time

My OS is Vista 64bit SP2. I have 6 GB of RAM and my processor is a Intel Core i7 920 CPU. I have over 600,000 files/objects on the computer. That's about 90 GB. I run Spybot-Search & Destory 1.6.2 in advance mode.

I have avast Home Edition 4.8, Windows Defender, Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I keep them updated; both application and database. When I use the malware/spyware/anti-virus scanners in each malware software, they take between an hour to an hour and half. In each, I choose "thorough/full" scan option each time.

Spybot-Search and Destroy 1.6.2 takes under 6 minutes!!

Although I wished the others were a little quicker, 6 minutes does not give me a lot of confidence that Spybot-Search & Destroy is doing the job of scanning and securing my computer from unwanted malware.

But 6 minutes is to quick!

I have selected "All available checks" under "File Set" tab in the hope that it will scan/check for problems a little longer. No luck.

Am I missing something?

Can anybody using Spybot S&D assure me that Spybot S&D is doing the job?

What do you, my follow forum members, think?

Thanks
    johnb

Please open Spybot,click Mode,Advanced Mode,Settings,File Sets.Do you see over 20 things listed and checkmarked under Spybot-Search & Destroy?
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2009-10-19 at 05:38.

Default Spybot Scan Times

Zenobia

There 21 file sets that are all marked (checked).

Ok,that sounds right.
    When you run a scan,down by Running bot-check in the lower left corner,what number do you see after the slash? i.e: Running bot-check (xxxxx/647026: hotbar)

Default Spybot Scan Times

Zenobia

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions concerning scan time.

To answer your latest question, the number on 10/20/09 was 650075 and on 10/21/09 is 655561. I keep my spyware database upto date because every Wednesday, I download the latest databases to my security software, go off line and then scan my computer with all the security software I have.

thanks
    johnb

Sure,no problem.
    6 minutes is awfully quick for a scan time,but it seems like everything is as it should be.
    And you get the Congratulations,no immediate threats were found,and/or a list of problems to be fixed at the end of the scan?