Maybe someone can point me in the right direction with this. I've tried all I can think of and I'm stumped. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

I connect via a cable modem and wireless router. I have two laptops connecting wirelessly in the household, with mine being the primary used to set everything up. Two days ago I finally ditched my four year old Linksys WRK54G V.2 because my connection just kept dropping out and getting exponentially worse. I hooked in the new D-Link DIR-615 C1, firmware version 3.11 upgraded to 3.12 during install, and everything appeared wonderful; my laptop did great and continued to do so, but the second laptop only did as well for about an hour and then just kept dropping connection.

I spoke to D-Link's tech and he told me to set static primary and alternate DNS on the secondary laptop, which I did using his specifics and it seemed to do the trick. Then later that night we tried to use the xbox 360 to connect to Live and stream Netflix. On average we were staying connected for about 15 minutes at a time and then having to unplug the ethernet from the secondary laptop to the xbox (we'd been using the secondary laptop to bridge the wireless connection with the xbox with the old router and it worked well), repair the laptop's wireless connection and start all over to connect the xbox to Live. Needless to say, this isn't working for me. ::Grins.:

I tried configuring the xbox with the same static primary and secondary DNS as the laptop it's hooked to, leaving the IP, Subnet, and Default Gateway set on automatic as both our laptops are set on Obtain for those. I switched it up, configuring the xbox on automatic for both sets, automatic for the DNS and manual for the IP, Subnet, Gateway... Suffice to say I tried everything and no go.

Now, during all this mess, my laptop, the one not bridging the wireless connection for the xbox, was still able to access the internet through the wireless connection and our new router. Sometimes the laptop the xbox was hooked to could access the internet while the xbox was actually connected to Live and Netflix, sometimes not.

Am I missing some configuring on the xbox or the laptop that's bridging for the xbox? I know my explanation of the problem kind of rambled, but I wanted to be sure I put all the facts out there so maybe someone could help me. This community has worked wonders for me in the past so I'm hoping someone out here has a clue and can help me fix it.

Thank you in advance.