Thread: Problem removing Opachki.ru

Default Problem removing Opachki.ru

Spybot S&D found two instances of opachki.ru on my PC last night, and I'm having trouble getting rid of it. Initially I had problems because it said I wasn't an administrator and couldn't remove either instance.

Having run S&D as an administrator, it has now removed one instance of it, but can't delete the remaining one as it says it may still be in use and running.

Has anyone got any pointers at how I might remove this? I saw a manual solution somewhere which started by suggesting I delete certain files and registry keys, but I must confess I didn't really fully understand what I needed to do, and therefore didn't want to make any blunders that might exacerbate the problem.

Help!

Hello,

Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu,
    instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    Then, choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
    You will find a screenshot of this problem in our FAQ.

If this does not help please run a scan in safe mode.
    That should fix it.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I've done the first part you suggested of running S&D by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator", that got rid of the first instance.

I will try running in safe mode and let you know how I get on with the second instance!

Thanks!

I've tried running Spybot in safe mode, and it finds no sign of Opachki.ru. However, when I run it in normal mode, it finds it again but cannot delete it as it says it may be running.

What else can I do?

Default Re: removing opachki.ru

I had Spybot find opachki.ru also. It said there were two instances and could only remove one. It said the other may be running in memory and asked if Spybot could run on reboot. I said yes and I rebooted and it ran immediately upon running up and it did not find opachki.ru. I also ran another spyware program to verify and it also did not find it. I am running Spybot one more time just to make sure, but I think it is gone. So try letting it run upon booting.

Default run on reboot?

I am having similar problems, but I can't figure out how to get spybot to run on reboot. Can anyone help?

Hello,

You just can manually start Spybot, like you normally run the program.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Still around

It's still around in 2012, apparently riding on an infected UK web site. The current version overrides Run for any security program and pops up its own "security" program, except in safe mode. It also blocks password logins from normal reboot. Running Spybot in safe mode seems to fix it. Thank you, SpyBot!
    Last edited by timtrott; 2012-03-17 at 20:09.