Hello all,

Yesterday evening, I was using my computer when Windows Defender popped up and warned me that it had detected a trojan horse. I decided to run a scan in Windows Defender and then went back to what I was doing. About 5 mins later, a blue screen appeared and then before I had a chance to read what it said, my computer turned itself off.

I turned it back on in the hope that I would be able resolve the issue and I was taken to a screen that said 'We apologise for any inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully...' (I'm sure you all know what screen this is). It gave me the following options: Safe Mode, Safe Mode With Networking, Safe Mode With Command Prompt, Last Known Good Config, Start Windows Normally.

Whichever option I choose, the following happens: the Windows logo appears with a loading bar beneath it, then the screen goes black and my monitor displays 'no signal'. The computer then restarts itself and returns to 'We apologise for any inconvenience...'.

Due to the nature of the problem, I'm unfortunately unable to post any kind of log.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thank you