Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficulty in accessing Spybot

I always have 'hidden' files visible. There are no .scr files in that folder.

I don't have Vista or 7. I would not have Vista, and won't have 7 for some time yet. Not till I have to. I have two machines on 2000Pro, and two on XP Pro. This one is on 2000Pro.

Mandoleer

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoleer View Post
    I always have 'hidden' files visible. There are no .scr files in that folder.

I don't have Vista or 7. I would not have Vista, and won't have 7 for some time yet. Not till I have to. I have two machines on 2000Pro, and two on XP Pro. This one is on 2000Pro.

Mandoleer
    I also have to be logged in as an administrator on WinXP Pro SP3 in order to see these files. I don't see them logged in as a power user.

Default Re: Difficulty Accessing SpybotSD

Can't offer any help. Just wanted to jump in to let people know that I've been having the same problem with this lastest version of SpybotSD. I've been using Spybot SD for many years without problems. But since I upgraded to the latest version in November 2009 (uninstalled old version, then downloaded and installed newest version), I sometimes get an "application hang" where SpybotSD just won't load, or it takes forever to load. It usually loads eventually, but it takes a really, really long time (though I do occasionally get exactly the problem described by EdmundoR where it doesn't load at all).

Since I've never had a problem with other versions of SpybotSD, I figured there was some sort of issue with the newest/current version, v. 1.6.2.46.

I'd be interested to know if others have noticed this also.