Thread: Imminization Question

Default Imminization Question

When I get a message from Internet Explorer saying it cannot access a particular site, I would like to know if it is because it is on the Immunize list in Spybot, or if the access failure is caused by some other reason.

I am running Windows XP Home edition, Internet Explorer 8, and Spybot 1.6.2.46. I have the Imminize feature activated. Under tools in Internet Explorer, there is a "Spybot S&D Config" item. When I click on this, under the "Settings Tab" it says: Blacklisted sites & files = 25,761, Cookies = 380.
    Under "When encountering bad things", I have "Ask for Blocking Confirmation" selected.
    When I display the tab "Allowed & Denied", nothing is recorded, even though I know the Immunization has blocked some sites. Is there some way I can determing if the Immunuzation feature is causing the blocking without having to de-immunize?
    Thanks for your response. Charles Ranheim

Hello Charles,

You can easily check it: please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I was hoping there was some other way to determine if the Immunization feature was causing the block, instead of undoing it. It takes a long time to go through the undo and redo just to see if that is the problem. Is it possible the Internet Explorer options will be fixed so they will tell me the information I am looking for? That sure would make it a lot easier.
    Thanks for your response. Charles Ranheim

Hello,

You can also try this:
    You have to delete this entry from the restricted zones and put it to the trusted zones.
    You will find it in your browser.
    To customize security options in a zone:
    In Internet Explorer click Internet Options on the Tools menu.

Or you change manually your host file and delete the site here from the blocked ones.
    Therefore you have to edit the hosts-file with e.g. notepad (Close all browser pages before editing). The file is named 'hosts' without any extension. Search for the entries you do not want to block and delete them or add a new page to block.
    Your host file should be stored here: C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
    After that save the file and start your browser again.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot