Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immunization Problem

Default Immunization Problem

After downloading all of todays updates and then immunizing,,I get a message that says,,

Immunization Incomplete

3 items still unprotected,,there may be various reasons etc,,

The items are

Opera 7 owner cookies 3

First time I've ever had any problems immunizing anything and I'm wondering if it had anything to do with todays updates.

I have the latest spybot edition. Windows XP
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2009-10-28 at 19:03.

Hello,

Did you closed the browser while immunizing?
    Did you try to undo the immunization and then immunize again?
    Have you also used the "Check again" function from the menu bar above?
    Are you logged in as admin or as user with admin rights?
    Do you have other user accounts on your pc?
    Do you have other security programs installed that might block the immunization?
    Do you have a screenshot of the immunization page?

Also have a look at this link in our forum.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Immunization Problem

Exactly the same problem. Using XP w/latest patches, latest version of Spybot. Never seen this before, and I DO NOT use or have installed Opera.

Angry Incomplete Immunization Screen Shot

Screen shot attached.

The immunization issue with Opera has been reported before.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=51388

and

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=51797

Cookies are not immunized, yet in Opera the cookie immunizations that existed before Opera 10 remain. SpyBot Search & Destroy shows 0 protected out of 196 immunizations on it's Opera cookie line, but the summary at the top show 0 unprotected while the protected sums are not equal.

This issue remains in Opera 10.01. This was first reported on September 2nd. I hope the fix will be in SpyBot Search & Destroy 2.

The immunization issue with Opera has been reported before.
    Getting this without Opera installed, so I don't see how it's the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bobreeves View Post
    Getting this without Opera installed, so I don't see how it's the same issue.
    Since firebrddriver has the issue with Opera, it is THE issue.

If you don't have Opera installed, you can't have the same issue that the original poster of this thread outlined.
    Last edited by Gopher John; 2009-10-29 at 17:21.

My screen shot is almost identical to "bobreeves",,which shows the 3 cookies from Opera as not being immunized,,the funny thing is I never installed Opera and if I go to "Program Files" in the "C" drive and open the Opera folder there's absolutly nothing in there,,also if I go to the "add or delete programs" there's no Opera listed either. So does that mean Opera isn't even on my computer? I did an undo of the immunizations and the 3 cookies from Opera still show as unprotected. Theres a total of 195 owner cookies,,which 3 are unprotected. Nothing has changed from the last spybot updates the previous week as far as my computer goes except for any updates in my anti virus (avast) and whatever microsoft might have updated. Let me ask this as a computer notice,,if these 3 cookies remain unprotected,,does that put me at a risk for anything??? Sorry if I don't sound very intelligent on this matter but as I said I don't know much about computers.
    Last edited by firebrddriver; 2009-10-29 at 19:30.

I searched the site for the information on how to do it without any luck,,but if you require a screen shot ,can you tell me how to do it,,or point me in the right direction for instuctions,,,thanks. As I stated in my previous post,,my screen shot is alomost identical to bobbreeves.

The Opera profile resides on WinXP by default in C:\Documents and Settings\John\Application Data\Opera\Opera. My Windows account username is John, and there are 5 other windows user account on this machine. Replace John with your Windows username.

For some reason, SpyBot Search & Destroy has always only shown the immunizations of Opera for the current active user. This causes me to have to log in to each Windows user to immunize Opera, except since Opera 10 cookies are no longer immunized.

If Opera has never been installed, I wonder what could have created the profiles that SpyBot Search & Destroy is obviously finding.