Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Immunization Problem

Thank you Sandra,,I'll let you know how I make out after Wed. updates.

Many thanks to the spybot team,,all the opera cookies were immunized after this weeks updates!!!!

Exclamation Can anyone help?

Hello guys. I have some problem with immunization.
    I use Opera 9.64, 9.64 portable, Opera 10 (different PCs). OS: Win XP SP2 and SP3.

The problem is: After I immunize, spybot puts many cookies in the cookie cache. I can't get rid of them with: "Delete private data" function, I had to delete them manually. After that, spybot shows there are 193 cookies that require immunization. WTF? What cookies? They were deleted!
    I hit immunize again and there are these same cookies put in my cookies cache again (spybot shows 0). They remain there even after closing Opera. IF I delete them again and don't immunize them (I immunize, and then delete cookies, so only 193 are shown) they won't appear again. Unless I immunize. And I immunize after each update. It is bothersome to me.
    I found out, they are stored in: \Program Files\Opera\profile\cookies4.dat (in portable version) and in \Documents & Settings\%username%\Opera\profile\cookies4.dat (in normal Opera). <- This is for all profiles.

Any suggestions? Is it a bug, feature or something completely different?
    Last edited by Xyw13; 2009-12-02 at 13:52.

@Xyw13
    The 193 entries that you think are cookies are actually the immunizations. When you manually delete them in Opera, you are removing the cookie immunizations, not cookies. That is why removing Privata Data in Opera leaves these immunizations alone, as it knows these entries aren't actually cookies at all.

Question ..?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    @Xyw13
    The 193 entries that you think are cookies are actually the immunizations. When you manually delete them in Opera, you are removing the cookie immunizations, not cookies. That is why removing Privata Data in Opera leaves these immunizations alone, as it knows these entries aren't actually cookies at all.
    I don't get it. These cookies/immunizations are from sites, I've never been before, there are even sites (I googled) considered malicious. Can you make it more clear please?

You don't have to visit sites for SpyBot Search & Destroy to immunize them. I haven't visited those sites either. What you are seeing are NOT cookies, but the immunizations against them. FWIW, I also haven't visited the 12,452 sites that are in the hosts file, either.

I also run IE8 and Firefox 3.5.5. Those same 193 cookie immunizations are also in those browsers. It's just that the exceptions(immunizations) in Firefox are shown in a different way than the cookies that I actually have accepted, so it's easier to see the difference. IE8 also is easier to distinguish between cookies that are set and the immunizations by SpyBot Search & Destroy. Opera's interface for cookies is somewhat clunky.

The immunizations are blocking the browser from accepting cookies from those sites.
    Last edited by Gopher John; 2009-12-02 at 23:01.

After immunizing my unprotected was zero but my protected value was less than the total. How can that be? Version 1.6.2.46, updated, W7.

Quote Originally Posted by biggmbb View Post
    After immunizing my unprotected was zero but my protected value was less than the total. How can that be? Version 1.6.2.46, updated, W7.
    If you have Opera 10.xx installed, then the difference is likely in it's Cookies immunization. SpyBot Search & Destroy cannot immunize those since Opera changed their scheme.