Thread: How to stop auto scan - please help.

Default How to stop auto scan - please help.

Dear all,

Thanks Spybot S&D - After the first scan, my computer runs faster, downloads quicker. But when I turn my computer on, most of the time, Spybot S&D automatically Scan and it takes about half and hour (I click Stop, but Spybot still doing its job).
    - How can I set manually scan only. Just scan one a week, when I want.
    - By the way, I can not get access to Help and Tutor with Spybot S&D on my computer.
    Thanks all and have a good day.

Hello,

In order to undo Spybot-S&D's automation, you can delete the configuration file (which is named Configuration.ini). Where it is located depends on your Windows version:
    (Please be sure that hidden files are shown. Please have a look at this page to see how to show hidden files and folders: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

For Windows 95/98, the file is located in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    For Windows ME, the file is located in C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
    For Windows NT/2000/XP, you will find it in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Either delete that file, or edit it (for example in notepad) setting all the Automation values in it to zero.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?

Thanks Spybotnorma for your reply.
    I will follow the instruction to fix the problem.
    Have a good day.

I am having the same problem. The SpyBot program opens when I start up, and when I exit, it goes directly to scan. I then have to wait for it to finish, or shut down and reboot. SpyBot doesn't run on the reboot. Strange, eh?

I looked at Configuration.ini and the startup values appear to be correct.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

[Automation]
    SystemStart=NoAutomation
    OfferTempCleaner=1

[Automation\SystemStart]
    AutoCheck=0
    AutoFix=0
    WaitStart=0
    WaitPrograms=0
    WaitMore=0
    AutoClose=0