Thread: Cookie Information Data Base

Default Cookie Information Data Base

Hi,
    What is the "Cookie Information data base"? Is this new? I have 32 tracking cookies. This is the first time that I have seen this. My spybot is 1.6.0.30
    Thanks
    Frank C

I am not sure what you are referring to by the "Cookie Database".

Fyi, you should be running the latest stable build of Spybot-Search&Destroy (1.6.2.46):
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/o...rs1/index.html
    -
    Is the 32 tracking cookies appearing on your scan results? They are merely minor entries. I mean they do not pose much harm in the general view. Spybot is just informing you that you have these cookies on your HD. You can always remove them with a simple click.

Default Cookie Information data base

Thank you for the reply drragostea.

Cookie Information Data Base was the heading used on the scan results page. Here is one entry from the report:

info: Cookie information database: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, fixed)

I have been running Spybot for many years and this is the first time that I have seen this.
    I do not accept third party cookies and I delete cookies upon browser exit.
    And, I am blocking many sites with HOSTS.
    I am intolerant of tracking cookies.

I will upgrade to the newer Spybot that you mentioned.
    Thank You
    Frank C

Have fun blocking them. I think the Cookie data base was one of those info boxes on the right hand side? I am uncertain. But it should not be a big deal... I mean a couple of cookies can be eaten. Or swept away into the trash bin.

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Frank C View Post
    Thank you for the reply drragostea.

Cookie Information Data Base was the heading used on the scan results page. Here is one entry from the report:

info: Cookie information database: Tracking cookie (Firefox: default) (Cookie, fixed)

I have been running Spybot for many years and this is the first time that I have seen this.
    I do not accept third party cookies and I delete cookies upon browser exit.
    And, I am blocking many sites with HOSTS.
    I am intolerant of tracking cookies.

I will upgrade to the newer Spybot that you mentioned.
    Thank You
    Frank C
    Hi Frank,

I've been using Spybot for many years as well, and "/ info: Cookie information database" just appeared on mine yesterday as well. And everytime I "Fix selected items", it returns....in greater numbers. Did you have any success in removing it?

ty

Default Cookie information DB

yess4400,
    I am sorry but I don't remember the details of the scan that I was questioning. At this time I don't see anything about a cookie information data base that reminds me of that post. My last scan, today, said No Immediate Threats. There were 13 Abobe Flash player cookies that I removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank C View Post
    yess4400,
    I am sorry but I don't remember the details of the scan that I was questioning. At this time I don't see anything about a cookie information data base that reminds me of that post. My last scan, today, said No Immediate Threats. There were 13 Abobe Flash player cookies that I removed.
    .....................Thx.