Thread: TeaTimer memory usage extremely high

Default TeaTimer memory usage extremely high

Hi all, I had to make an account for this question because I couldn't find a problem or solution similar to mine. I have installed Spybot on two computers and now upon startup its memory usage is and remains around 107,000k (give or take 400k) The cpu usage lowers to zero after about a minute of it being 100 upon startup. I've read in different posts that it shouldn't take more than 10 Mb. Also, one solution posted elsewhere was to clear the black and white list by right-clicking on teatimer, clicking settings and clearing out the riff raff, but my black and white list is empty. Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,

When the computer is running for a long time without a standby, reboot, or shutdown memory consumption of a (refers to any) can slightly increase.

It's taking that much because TeaTimer is a Resident Shield that actively protects you from malware. I would suggest you reboot and see how it goes. Usually TeaTimer will take up 35-50MB of RAM. Seeing that modern PCs built today have more RAM and resources, 80MB should be nothing.

If this does not help you can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra, thanks for responding. My TeaTimer upon startup is 107 Mb. After reboot it is still 107 Mb. It is never anything less than 107 Mb(give or take a few hundred kb). I have been manually turning it off everytime it comes on because it uses so much memory, but I finally grew tired of that and came to the forums for help. I like having the TeaTimer for added security, so I would prefer to not disable it. Is there no solution or troubleshooting for this problem? A curious thing happened actually, yesterday I left Spybot on for the entire day and I check it now(a full 24 hours have passed) and it is still 107Mb, no increase in the memory usage. Shouldn't the mem usage have increased if left on all day and overnight? Thanks in advance for an help!