Thread: Spybot Win 7 Internet Interferance

Default Spybot Win 7 Internet Interferance

Hey guys. First off, I want to say that Spybot is still a wonderful program in catching things the bigwigs (Macafee, Nortons) miss.

Recently, I discovered a troublesome problem. Ever since I upgraded to Win 7 a few weeks ago, I had this constant trouble of getting the computer to connect to the internet.

In trying to resolve this problem, I took my computer to Bestbuy's Geek Squad, and they told me via their diagnostics program that the problem was Spybot.

Seems that Spybot somehow was causing Windows 7 to loop on itself and unable to fully connect to the internet. The Network card could connect (basically), but the gateway wasn't able to connect and allow normal internet browsing. Basicially it was like someone stepping on the gas petal of a vehicle, while in park.

So when you guys do a Win 7 update, I hope you look into this. Until then, I can't use the Residential S&D upon bootup.

Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
    There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/s...d15/index.html (3rd picture)
    If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.
    If this doesn't work please run Spybot-S&D and select "Spybot-S&D" --> "Immunize" in the navigation bar on the left. Please hit "Undo".
    Then open Spybot - Search & Destroy in the Advanced mode via the menu item Mode.
    Now select 'Tools' - 'Resident' from the navigation bar on the left.
    Please untick the checkbox in front of the 'SDHelper'.

But Warning: now the bad downloads won't be blocked any longer! Maybe you have to restart your computer now. Then try again to open your favourite pages. Don't forget to "immunize" again after visiting that page.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?

by the way...

Spybot - Search & Destroy should work under Windows 7 without any problems. We have already done some tests with Spybot - Search & Destroy on Windows 7. Please have a look at this link in our forum: http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=373
    A fully compatible and Windows 7 certified version should be Spybot 2.0, but we have no release date yet.
    O God! can I not save
    One from the pitiless wave?
    Is all that we see or seem
    But a dream within a dream?