Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Virtumonde-New Thread-As Per request

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

1. It's up to you Not extremely necessary if you keep IE 7 up-to-date.

2. Recovery console appearing at boot was installed by ComboFix to be exact. I'd leave it installed there.

3. Yes.

4. Heh.. it's been really big while when I've seen and used Windows 3.x series version last time. Most modern malware is designed to attack newer OSes (Windows 9x and up). Also, if the system is not connected to internet then it shouldn't pose a threat. That's how I see it.

5. Having ATF Cleaner run occasionally and MBAM installed wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Default All is well!!!

Hi Blades,

I spent much of yesterday doing final cleanup and updating. Everything seemed to be working great UNTIL... I could not log on to the forum last night!

Of course at first, I feared the worst but after trying other sites successfully and discovered the forum still wouldn't load from other computers, I was relieved to decide that the forum was simply down for maintenance.

The infected computer does appear to fully healed. Simple words of thanks cannot describe how truly grateful I am for your expert help and assistance. Thank you soooo much for hanging in there with me!

TomZT

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Thumbs up You're welcome Tom

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or MOD a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.