Thread: Is my Spybot working properly?

Default Is my Spybot working properly?

How can I check if Spybot is running properly? I have read Tashi's blog on Teatimer and that showed me quite a lot of course. But I have had only one of the pop-ups for quite a while. I checked my files to see where they were and they didn't show up. Should I delete the one I have and replace it?

Hello,

Please just check if you have both resident features activated.
    Run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident". The checkboxes in front of the two tools have to be checked.

Please also make sure that you are running the latest version of Spybot - Search & Destroy including the latest updates.

To see which version number and/or updates of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are using please run Spybot-S&D and choose "Help" --> "About" in the menu bar.
    There you can see which version you have and which updates are installed.
    It should be version 1.6.2 and the updates from the 2009/11/18.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Both tools under Resident are checked.

I am running Spybot 1.6.30. Should I update or dowload the new version?

Hi rwphood,

It is recommended you always have latest version of Spybot installed as new versions may include bug fixes and new features.

- Download mirror selection page

Please uninstall your current version of Spybot, then reboot and install the latest version (1.6.2).

Regards,

Default Spybot won't run

I have received another notice that Spybot is not working properly. When I last posted, I was advised to dowload Runanylizer which I did. I have been given no idea what I have to look for, I am running Spybot 1.6.0. Can you give me advise please.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-12-04 at 08:15. Reason: Merged last two topics

Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.

Please uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy according to the following link.
    Then download our current version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2. That should fix it.
    You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Please forgive me for thread-jacking, but I would like to know if my version of Spybot S&D (1.6.3.51 BETA) is "better" than the 1.6.2 version you link to?

I see that my version was released later is why I ask.

Thanks

The beta build is not particularly "better", but rather it incorporates several tweaks/changes that were added and/or is being tested. The Spybot-Search&Destroy 1.6.2.x is the stable version, the 1.6.3 version is a testing version.

Hi Honda12,

I followed your advice and got as far as downloading Spybot 1.6.2. Then IE put a block on it. However, after, much fiddlling the Wizard appeared - ha! ha! and I was off. I eventually ran Spybot and all was clear, so hopefully all is well. I also have Avast! I hope Microsoft is happy now .

Many thanks