Thread: Security Central malware has paralysed my PC

Default Security Central malware has paralysed my PC

Hi Everybody.

Last night, I started to get warnings of malware infections.

I soon realised that I was infected with Security Central.

I booted up another PC and found out all about Security Central and how it could be removed. The trouble is, Security Central doesn't allow any of these fixes to operate.

It won't run any .exe program.

My research suggested that manual removal starts with removing files associated with Security Central in program files and documents and settings. I searched for these files and found them but when I tried to delete them it said access denied.

The task manager won't run because it says it's infected by a worm, therefore I can't stop any processes. I can't start it from start>run or via control-alt-delete

Again manual removal suggests using Malwarebytes which I already had installed on my PC. It won't run, as it's also apparently infected with a worm.

I downloaded rkill.com onto a CD using my second PC.
    rkill.com is supposed to stop Security Central in it's tracks while you set about removing it. Again, it wouldn't run on the infected PC as it says it can't open because it's infected with a worm.

At this point I'm dead in the water as none of the fixes works. I'm afraid to turn on the infected PC in case the malware gets further into my system

Has Security Central changed to stop the normal fixes from working?

I don't know what to do next. I'd be very grateful for help in removing this tenacious [bleep] from my PC.

Many thanks

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Hi,

Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
    Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
    A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
    Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
    Note: If the window shows a message that says Error deleting file, please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
    Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
    • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
      1. DDS.txt
      2. Attach.txt
    • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.