Thread: right click scan using spybot opens run window

Default right click scan using spybot opens run window

hi people, sorry if this has already been answered here, i tried to do a search but it kept crashing, every time i right click and scan with spybot a run window opens and asks if i want to run the file i'm trying to scan, i then click yes and it scans with spybot, i know its not that bad but its a little annoying, anyone know how to fix this? thanks for taking the time to read this!!!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by richard andrews View Post
    ...every time i right click and scan with spybot a run window opens and asks if i want to run the file i'm trying to scan...
    why does this "Are you sure you want to run this software?" dialog show up when context scan is launched? is there risk involved in pressing the "Run" button when an infected file is scanned?

amba2: I can't give you a definitive answer, but since you get a similar message when you run a programme, my assumption is that Spybot is doing something like checking the file's security certificate and this causes the window to popup.

I'm not aware of there being any problems clicking on Run - I've never experienced any problems and the scans complete as expected.