Thread: Spybot icon missing from toolbar

Default Spybot icon missing from toolbar

The latest version of Spybot-S&D is installed on my computer and the appropriate boxes are ticked in Advanced mode>Tools>Resident. Tea Timer is running according to Task Manager. However, the icon which occasionally resides in my toolbar disappears regularly. Would anyone know how I can get it to remain there? The desktop shortcut to Spybot-S&D remains in place, of course.

Thank you.
    Dell Dimension E520 (3.40Ghz); Win XP Media Center '05; 2Gb ram; 500Gb HD; 500gb external drive; OE 6; IE 7; Kerio Personal firewall; Avast antivirus; Roboform; Diskeeper; Malwarebytes; Spybot-S&D.

Hello,

Do you have a NVida graphic card?
    If yes please open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'.
    Now deactivate the nwiz.exe.
    Does this solve the problem?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for that.

Firstly, the Spybot-S&D Resident icon is in my taskbar presently. Hopefully it stays there.

I've looked in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Sound, video and game controllers. I see no mention of that graphics card there. Am I looking in the correct place? I've also done a search for nwiz.exe on my computer and nothing was found.
    Dell Dimension E520 (3.40Ghz); Win XP Media Center '05; 2Gb ram; 500Gb HD; 500gb external drive; OE 6; IE 7; Kerio Personal firewall; Avast antivirus; Roboform; Diskeeper; Malwarebytes; Spybot-S&D.